• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 clutch pedal sticking

Moparnocar

Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
New to me, 67 Charger, 383 w 4 speed. When you release the clutch, it comes up about 80 percent, then hangs for a couple seconds, then comes all the way up. I don't see any loose bushings or anything, is this a common prob? Thanks

New to me, 67 Charger, 383 w 4 speed. When you release the clutch, it comes up about 80 percent, then hangs for a couple seconds, then comes all the way up. I don't see any loose bushings or anything, is this a common prob? Thanks

Perhaps the OVERTRAVEL spring (under the dash) is a little tired or the clutch needs adjusted.....
BOB RENTON

That big spring is groaning abit. There's a little slop in the fork, but not much. I'm new to 4 speeds.

Needs new bushings and possibly pivot studs depending how much wear is on them. Or maybe just needs cleaned and lubed up again then adjust the linkage.
Either way I would remove the torque shaft and check the bushing and studs
my bee did the same thing out of the blue one day and I found a busted bushing and a worn pivot stud.

Needs new bushings and possibly pivot studs depending how much wear is on them. Or maybe just needs cleaned and lubed up again then adjust the linkage.
Either way I would remove the torque shaft and check the bushing and studs
my bee did the same thing out of the blue one day and I found a busted bushing and a worn pivot stud.
That shaft underneath that rotates when you push on the clutch "jackshaft"? Has alot of play, is that normal?

Auto Transport Service
Back