• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 deluxe trim clips?

Hey please share the solution. I hate it when forums topics get to this point..The OP says ..fixed..and then leaves.. :(

I have found plenty of topics like that here..Where some person had a Eureka moment and then never posted the solution. Frustrating for new owners 2 years later. ;)

/end_of_community_service_announcement

:)

try Disco fasteners they're on line or Herb's fasteners in Rochester NY.

Hey please share the solution. I hate it when forums topics get to this point..The OP says ..fixed..and then leaves.. :(

I have found plenty of topics like that here..Where some person had a Eureka moment and then never posted the solution. Frustrating for new owners 2 years later. ;)

/end_of_community_service_announcement

:)

Well I dont plan to run away. I think he has a clip that may work but I need to get some measurements. So ill figure it out after I have the car back....this weekend :)

I also emailed the place to see if they know of a specific clip

Thanks to all for the suggestions. ...these are all great resources

I still haven't dealt with this yet...have been too busy trying to get our house sold and a bunch of other stuff. I did measure my existing clips and they are 1/2". So now I need to call up the place and see what they recommend since nothing looks exactly like these. But I am sure there is a clip here that works!

All else fails I will do like I did with my grille surrounds. In an effort to reduce complexity of install I put some metal pieces behind the trim and used them to stick trim tape to. So now my grille surrounds are taped to the front of the fender instead of those goofy little metal bent half a$$ #$^*^$*I!@#$% things. haha.

Yeah there are so many weird clips on our cars, I wonder why Ma Mopar did it that way...

Yeah there are so many weird clips on our cars, I wonder why Ma Mopar did it that way...

Well in regards to the grill surrounds they did that because they didn't have a way to attach the trim to the fender using the trim holes from 1966. So they made these goofy little bastages to avoid having to re-tool the fender or come up with a better way. And if yours were like mine after 48 years I had to drill out the rivets to get it apart. And of course those little metal brackets were rusted out too.

the answer is today the same as it was 48 years ago...."what is cheapest?"

Ok sports fans I ordered my clips. I went to Mr. G's :
http://www.mrgusa.com/fasteners/

And ordered FA 272 for the clips and FA4411 for the thru bolt clips. $50 for all after shipping so lets hope they work!

they look like they should work....its our best hope.

I contacted them about my trim clips for my Coronet 500.

Well the clips showed up as represented but do not work the way I had hoped. So I have come up with a new plan. Since I can get to the back side of most of the holes I am going to make 3/4" wide strips of aluminum to slide into the trim, each will be drilled and put a sheet metal screw into it. The screw will stick out toward the body and I will put a nut on the inside to hold them in. In places I cannot reach I will probably not be adding anything there. I haven't been able to find anything else that will work unfortunately.

Auto Transport Service
Back