• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge Charger Restoration - Four Questions

Charger Too

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
1967 Dodge Charger 383 4 barrel automatic: 1. Heater hoses: black or pink? 2. What spark plug wire is recommended and where should I purchase them? 3. It is okay to lift the engine with the lift plate held on by the four studs for the carburetor? It appears to me, that is a lot of weight for those four small nuts that hold down the carburetor. 4. Front windshield and rear glass. Mine has some scratches. Can they be removed? Who has the original thickness glass available? I heard some of the reproductions are not as thick as the originals. Thanks!

1967 Dodge Charger 383 4 barrel automatic: 1. Heater hoses: black or pink? 2. What spark plug wire is recommended and where should I purchase them? 3. It is okay to lift the engine with the lift plate held on by the four studs for the carburetor? It appears to me, that is a lot of weight for those four small nuts that hold down the carburetor. 4. Front windshield and rear glass. Mine has some scratches. Can they be removed? Who has the original thickness glass available? I heard some of the reproductions are not as thick as the originals. Thanks!
No 1 black
No 3 yes
No 4 I think AMD might have the closest thickness of glass to factory.

Both answers ^^ !! Scratches in glass can be a subjective matter. I'd prefer a good OE glass over repro.

Be super careful with that rear glass. Windshields are easy to find if you break one though.

Glass gets nasty over the years and builds up a film. (Remember Acid Rain) The scratches may be in that, not the glass itself. Before you go replacing it.......Try this first..... Clean the glass with a good glass cleaner. Then use "Bar Keepers Friend" (glass top stove cleaner/ sold in grocery stores) Use the powdered version not the liquid. Wet the glass with Windex (or ??) and sprinkle BKF on and buff by hand with a soft cotton cloth. You cant hurt it so SCRUB it good! Do both sides and give it a look... BKF cuts years of residue off and buffs the glass. Hope this helps

As for the carb plate bolts, a single 1/4" grade 8 bolt will have a tensile strength of 5,000 pounds, four of them ought to be ample. However, if it's an aluminum intake, I can't vouch for the strength of those tapped holes.

PPG for glass and request for the extra $10 the Pentastar and saftey #’s info? When you purchase them. They etch it all into the Windows.personally I would never lift an engine with the 4 small Nuts and washers! Black for the heater hoses! Haha!

PPG for glass and request for the extra $10 the Pentastar and saftey #’s info? When you purchase them. They etch it all into the Windows.personally I would never lift an engine with the 4 small Nuts and washers! Black for the heater hoses! Haha!

IMG_2119.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back