• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge Coronet R/T (roller) (not mine)

Real early build on that one; Sept. 7, 1966. When I bought my '67 R/T project in 1987, nobody around had one. Now they are popping up everywhere on here. I swear I used to see 10 GTX's for every R/T. This roller looks pretty solid and good value for the $$$. You wouldn't get much '68-'70 Charger for that money. I really like the looks of these cars, but then, I am a little biased. This could be a good buy for someone wanting to get into a B-body project for fair $$$.

It still needs a lot of stuff though but underneath does look good.
Don't underestimate the body work and paint required.
Plus engine, transmission and interior and all the other stuff along the way.
Gray primer in pictures makes everything look straight.
It's gonna take some cash to finish.

Real early build on that one; Sept. 7, 1966. When I bought my '67 R/T project in 1987, nobody around had one. Now they are popping up everywhere on here. I swear I used to see 10 GTX's for every R/T. This roller looks pretty solid and good value for the $$$. You wouldn't get much '68-'70 Charger for that money. I really like the looks of these cars, but then, I am a little biased. This could be a good buy for someone wanting to get into a B-body project for fair $$$.
Thanks Dave
Yes the 67s are my favorite Mopar car........ in early 1968 I almost bought a new one... not a R/T but a plain Jane Dodge with a 426 4spd that was more affordable to me back when.

i ended up not buying because the hemi 4spd cars had a very limited guarantee....

The about R/T looks like very good sheet metal.... much better than my present R/T.

It still needs a lot of stuff though but underneath does look good.
Don't underestimate the body work and paint required.
Plus engine, transmission and interior and all the other stuff along the way.
Gray primer in pictures makes everything look straight.
It's gonna take some cash to finish.
3 years ago parts were more available & less expensive as they are now.

I am happy I now have all the parts to complete mine.

Primer covers things up....... but the undercarriage and trunk looks clean.

I might take a peek a it

That would be a nice project if you had a rusty but complete 500 for parts.

That would be a nice project if you had a rusty but complete 500 for parts.
My R/T has decent sheet metal but this one looks better than mine.

Good sheet metal alone is worth a lot... Thanks

Got lucky and found mine couple years ago and it's solid. Console auto blue/blue ws23 440 car. Not one rust hole or even rust pit on the entire car. It was on facebook for a month or two and i kept coming across it. Finally took the 4 hour drive to go check it out. The guy said i was the 4th or 5th to come look at it. Tire kickers and others wanted to make it into a drag car and he wouldn't sell it to them. Glad i grabbed it. I can't wait to get working on it one day. Working on a 66 Coronet 500 first to hone my paint and body skills before i start on it.

img_20221112_130937-jpg.jpg

My first car (1986) was a 67 coronet.. i would LOVE another one.. really love those cars. It was in front of a house on 4 flat tires, i went up and knocked on the door "Are you interested in getting rid of that car"? God yes! "what do you want for it?" Nothing heres the title!

Put in a $11 timing chain (don't know if you can still just buy a chain anymore without gears) and drove the piss out of that slant 6 til the cops took it away :( (no license, not my plates, no insurance) Great car though :)

Here's mine. I bought it as a very solid roller out of N.C. It needed everything,except rust repair. It had one small finger tip sized hole above a rear wheel well. At the time, about 1989, my body and paint guy said it was as good as any 3-year-old car he had worked on! The whole car came apart with a 3/8" ratchet. Up here in Ontario, that is unexpected. I got a complete powertrain out of a junkyard New Yorker, and had the engine rebuilt to Magnum spec's. The car was originally Bronze with a black vinyl top. It is just my preference, but I think vinyl tops look best on limosines, not musclecars, so it was removed. I changed the colour to my preferred Daffodil Yellow, a 1967 colour, and added the black pinstripe. Options I added during the rebuild were power windows, tinted glass, power disc brakes, AM/FM radio with reverberator, and rear window defrost. Mechanical upgrades were a rear sway bar and Super Stock rear springs. One of the pictures shows my R/T enjoying an "off the leash" day.

P7030075.JPG

P7030087.JPG

IMG_3215.jpg

P7030090.JPG

Last edited:
Here's mine. I bought it as a very solid roller out of N.C. It needed everything,except rust repair. It had one small finger tip sized hole above a rear wheel well. At the time, about 1989, my body and paint guy said it was as good as any 3-year-old car he had worked on! The whole car came apart with a 3/8" ratchet. Up here in Ontario, that is unexpected. I got a complete powertrain out of a junkyard New Yorker, and had the engine rebuilt to Magnum spec's. The car was originally Bronze with a black vinyl top. It is just my preference, but I think vinyl tops look best on limosines, not musclecars, so it was removed. I changed the colour to my preferred Daffodil Yellow, a 1967 colour, and added the black pinstripe. Options I added during the rebuild were power windows, tinted glass, power disc brakes, AM/FM radio with reverberator, and rear window defrost. Mechanical upgrades were a rear sway bar and Super Stock rear springs. One of the pictures shows my R/T enjoying an "off the leash" day.

View attachment 1415377

Love it! I like when someone builds a car how they want it to be and now how the factory did :)

View attachment 1415377

View attachment 1415378

View attachment 1415379

View attachment 1415392
I really love the wheels!

Beautiful R/T!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the photos......

Got lucky and found mine couple years ago and it's solid. Console auto blue/blue ws23 440 car. Not one rust hole or even rust pit on the entire car. It was on facebook for a month or two and i kept coming across it. Finally took the 4 hour drive to go check it out. The guy said i was the 4th or 5th to come look at it. Tire kickers and others wanted to make it into a drag car and he wouldn't sell it to them. Glad i grabbed it. I can't wait to get working on it one day. Working on a 66 Coronet 500 first to hone my paint and body skills before i start on it.

View attachment 1415360
Thanks Sam..... its a pleasure to work on a rust free car.... have fun!!:drinks:
Mike

The car is sold.... its been for sale quit a long time.

Most likely this tread had something to do with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back