• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX/Coronet 440 CAP Breather Molded Hose Alternative

1MYTGTX

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
During my recent trip to Carlisle for the Mopar show, I came across a nice, original dual snorkel air cleaner. This had attached, what appeared to be the factory original molded hose for the breather. The ribs on the hose make me believe this could be the original.
My car had the loopty loop hose installed. Hated the way it looked and would kink at times.
Searching Amazon for molded hoses, I came up with this $9 Gates #18789 hose. Trimmed it a bit and viola! Looks damn close to the one I saw (except the ribbing of course)

Hope it helps some!

thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (3).jpgthumbnail.jpgthumbnail (2).jpg

During my recent trip to Carlisle for the Mopar show, I came across a nice, original dual snorkel air cleaner. This had attached, what appeared to be the factory original molded hose for the breather. The ribs on the hose make me believe this could be the original.
My car had the loopty loop hose installed. Hated the way it looked and would kink at times.
Searching Amazon for molded hoses, I came up with this $9 Gates #18789 hose. Trimmed it a bit and viola! Looks damn close to the one I saw (except the ribbing of course)

Hope it helps some!

View attachment 1496262View attachment 1496263View attachment 1496264View attachment 1496265
Thank you!

I need the same hose for my '66 Imperial with that same bit.

Auto Transport Service
Back