• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX - Lynch Rd fender tag - painted?

Bongo Bob

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
Hey there,

Can anyone confirm whether or not the fender tag on my 67 GTX should be painted? It's a Lynch Road car and I've heard that some Lynch Rd cars don't have a painted tag.

UPDATE: Here's some info a friend just sent me:
From a Dave Wise report: At Lynch Road, the tag was hanging in the front window frame as the car was painted. Sometimes it caught a lot of over spray, sometimes not much or any at all. After paint was dry, it was then attached to the car. Hence the unpainted screws on Lynch Road cars.

Thank you!
IMG_6425.jpg

Last edited:
I know for certain 69 and 70 were hung from a sunvisor hole on a wire and did good to get paint on them. 67.. no idea but probably the same.

That said...
beerestoration2017 910.JPG

Every 67 I have or have had were painted body color. Also they usually show signs of being bent by one of the screws and the other screw is unpainted.

Lynch Road cars Jerry?
I'm sure some of them are. Most of mine were originally from the east coast or thereabouts. I have only had one 67, that the fender tag was not bent at the upper left corner, indicating that they were painted while bent up. The bare screw is in the upper right when standing on the left side looking into the engine compartment.
20200119_180416.jpg

Here is a Lynch Road car.
20200212_124942.jpg
20200213_110254.jpg

It's been repainted, the reason both screws are painted.

Auto Transport Service
Back