• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX splash shields

gtxfanatic

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Hi All
Just finishing up a restoration on a 67 gtx, and having trouble with the passenger side fender well headlight splash/dirt shield. The drivers side was the smaller and fit perfectly with the aftermarket rubber shields( which I was impressed with the Fitment and quality) however my passenger shield that came with the car is longer and does not fit. Were there two designs? One that looks like the smaller drivers side and the longer full shield?
The parts/service manual I have shows the longer...any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics of what I have.thank you

You sure you don't have a 67 Dodge version? They are very close but are different. I used to know the differences but now I don't remember. I got a good deal on a nice Dodge one at a swap meet one time when the fellow selling it thought it was a Plymouth version.

67 belvedere front splash shields are a one year item and not shares with 67 dodge line like 65copcar stated. pictures would help

Hi All
Just finishing up a restoration on a 67 gtx, and having trouble with the passenger side fender well headlight splash/dirt shield. The drivers side was the smaller and fit perfectly with the aftermarket rubber shields( which I was impressed with the Fitment and quality) however my passenger shield that came with the car is longer and does not fit. Were there two designs? One that looks like the smaller drivers side and the longer full shield?
The parts/service manual I have shows the longer...any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics of what I have.thank you
67 belvedere front splash shields are a one year item and not shares with 67 dodge line like 65copcar stated. pictures would help
Thanks for reply, here’s some pics, obviously not the same side , the black one is the one that came with the car. I have match to the crusty one and it is the same long style

77F4476A-3A8D-4D50-B5D0-E09B4309C39F.jpeg

8891855F-9B3F-4FE1-9993-F2BA8B2EBE67.jpeg

2C2F92FD-786E-4D5C-941C-E9B7E58DF9B0.jpeg

You sure you don't have a 67 Dodge version? They are very close but are different. I used to know the differences but now I don't remember. I got a good deal on a nice Dodge one at a swap meet one time when the fellow selling it thought it was a Plymouth version.
I wonder if that’s the case, the perplexing thing is my car looks like the lower long rubber shield snaps directly into holes in the fender support as the driver side.

Here is a picture of a drivers side front for a 67 Belvedere any model . As you can see there is no metal down leg. Only metal across top. The rubber strip attaches to it and then directly to the fender. It only attaches with 2 bolts. Not being able to find them I bought some sheet metal from HD. I made a cardboard template cut and shaped the sheet metal drilled the holes and called it good.

IMG_9725.png

Auto Transport Service
Back