• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Hemi GTX

Since I first posted, I have done a tremendous amount of research. I have a friend who has quite a Mopar collection from over 40 years and a vast amount of tech stuff. He does not miss much. In his collection is a 66 Hemi Belvedere and a 67 Hemi GTX, both award winning cars. He viewed both cars on the dealers website and than compared them yo his. He says parts are painted or finished wrong, wrong parts altogether, and this I did not know. He said there is early Hemi orange and late Hemi orange. He said both the 66 and 67 for sale, the engines are not the right color. He also pointed out something that I never would have known. The photo is now gone, but there was a picture of a bracket welded to the left frame rail with a ball stud and rubber washer still attached. He said that is for the four speed torque shaft,meaning this car at some point had a 4spd in it. I asked the dealer about that and than he said the previous owner had done that and was going to put in a 4 spd but never did. Curious that was never mentioned before. If that were the case,most likely only the bracket would be there and not the ball stud and washer. It makes me wonder about the story of the block in the description.

Auto Transport Service
Back