• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Hemi GTX

barrettj75

Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
Hey all! New here and asking for help already!
I’m look for my fathers 1967 Hemi/4 speed GTX. The car was(I believe) EE1 blue with a blue interior. He ordered the car new from Brewer Perkins Plymouth in North Adams,MA. He kept it for 3 years before trading it in on his 1970 Hemi Challenger at Windsor Dodge, also in North Adams . He had replaced the stock Inland shifter with a Hurst Mystery shifter.
He had heard that one of the salesmen blew the motor while test driving it one day. We’re not sure if the motor was repaired and if so how. Or how bad the damage was. He never saw or heard of the car again.
I’ve seen one identical car sell at a Mecum in 2018 but don’t know where it went. Also, Gateway Classic Cars in Chicago had one but it didn’t sell and don’t know where that went either.
I’m looking to see if anyone with a blue/blue Hemi 4 speed car knows the history of their car and where it came from. I don’t have a VIN or any paperwork left for his car. Only have one picture that I’ll share below along with the Mecum car. Does anyone know where this Mecum car went?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

IMG_1974.jpeg

IMG_2722.png

Welcome from Alabama, it's nice to be searching for your families GTX. Why not introduce yourself in the Welcome Wagon so more people will get to know you. Do you currently own a Mopar?

Welcome from PA. I've found two from out of my past, Baby Blue, originally purchased in 1983, and the Dealer Demonstrator, the first GTX I ever drove, back in 1970. This forum is an excellent starting point. I found the red one by approaching people at the Chrysler Nationals 20 years ago, who had GTXs, or were selling parts, and showing them the picture of the car that is posted below. After a dozen or so inquires, I met the current owner, and he sold it to me last year.
BB 1991 (2).jpg
IMG_0101 (2).JPG

Last edited:
The networking opportunities at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals are pretty amazing. Last week, I met another GTX guy who was looking for parts, and he showed me a picture a friend in the Detroit area had sent him. It was a '69 GTX I bought from the original owner in 1991, and sold seven years later. A look at the VIN number confirmed my old car was alive and well, and still hadn't been restored.

You could stop in to the tax collectors office in the town where he paid auto taxes when he owned the GTX. They might have the VIN. Long shot but a guy I know had the town come after him for back taxes that were 15 years old on a car. Costs nothing or very littie.

Welcome from Alabama, it's nice to be searching for your families GTX. Why not introduce yourself in the Welcome Wagon so more people will get to know you. Do you currently own a Mopar?
Thanks for the welcome! I don’t currently have a Mopar car. I have my
1981 Ramcharger that my dad ordered new. We built it about 25 years ago as a show truck but it’s been dormant for probably the last 20 anyway due to life and starting a family. It needs a total redo again but if either of the cars I’m searching for comes to fruition then it may have to find another home. I’ve always been a lover of Mopars-something my dad instilled in my brother and I. My dad has always told me stories about his cars and we’ve always said we’d love to find them if they still exist. I’ve located one and now I’m trying to track his 1967 Hemi GTX. Hopefully someone here could help me out with that!

Auto Transport Service
Back