• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1968-1970 B body instrument cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Nist

Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
E9EEBFFE-2E61-47D8-BF81-6B16BCE8115F.jpeg
Nice, but not perfect Wood Grain instrument cluster. No switches.$500.00 plus shipping or pick up in NJ.

I should of written this is not for 70

Last edited:
not a 70,flasher on column

Yes, I didn't think of that, I stand corrected, and will

Also not a 68... But it does have the Tic Tok Tach & the gauge faces are very clean...

69 only? If so, I'll change the heading......let me know if you want it changed.

So it's likely an SE dash if out of a Charger. Pic of the whole back?

It is a 68 cluster frame that someone did a cosmetic upgrade years ago. The 68 frame can be identified by the circled area in the picture attached. Also, the shade of green on the turn signal lenses are 68. Those gauge face overlays are the oldest ones from years ago. They did not reface the odometer which is so typical with an old restoration of these clusters. They took liberties with the tach pointer(painted it orange/red), someone just added the woodgrain bezel which is incorrect (however, restorable). Cannot tell if they used the quartz clock upgrade and/or new(at the time) tach board. This cluster is a good candidate for complete restoration.

fullsizeoutput_72b.jpeg

It is a 68 cluster frame that someone did a cosmetic upgrade years ago. The 68 frame can be identified by the circled area in the picture attached. Also, the shade of green on the turn signal lenses are 68. Those gauge face overlays are the oldest ones from years ago. They did not reface the odometer which is so typical with an old restoration of these clusters. They took liberties with the tach pointer(painted it orange/red), someone just added the woodgrain bezel which is incorrect (however, restorable). Cannot tell if they used the quartz clock upgrade and/or new(at the time) tach board. This cluster is a good candidate for complete restoration.

View attachment 1144339
Thanks for the input, I learned a bunch. I don't think much time was devoted to this cluster from the previous owner. He didn't even know that it wasn't a 70 until we talked about it the other day. Probably bought it this way by the owner before him, or somewhere over the years. How long have they been doing resto's on these?

any info if gauges clock tach work?

The clock is easy to test, just ground the cluster and put 12v to the grey wire for a second. If you hear a click, the electric relay is good. Then it’s just a matter of cleaning up the pivots and shafts.

The clock is easy to test, just ground the cluster and put 12v to the grey wire for a second. If you hear a click, the electric relay is good. Then it’s just a matter of cleaning up the pivots and shafts.
Sorry, I was away. Put power to it last evening, the clock works. The second hand had a nice quiet sweep

Do you have an example of a 70 cluster frame or any numbers on the frame to verify?
I have a 70 cluster frame the looks very similar to one posted.

View attachment 1144339

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back