• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1968 383 engine ready to go!!!!!!! $1800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparcrazy.com

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
MOPAR CHRYSLER 383 ENGINE
THIS IS A COMPLETELY NEW REBUILT 1968 CHRYSLER 383. WOULD GO WELL IN A RESTORATION PROJECT OR A MILD STREET HOT ROD. MY GUESS IS PROBABLY AROUND 400 H.P. RUNS ON PUMP GAS. HAS ALL CLEVITE BEARINGS, RODS, MAINS AND CAM. COMP .545 LIFT HYDRAULIC CAM, NEW COMP LIFTERS AND DOUBLE VALVE SPRINGS. MAHLE PLASMA RINGS ON .040 OVER KIETH BLACK HYPEREUTECTIC (FLAT TOP WITH VALVE RELIEFS) PISTONS. MELLING HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP. NEWLY DONE HEADS WITH NEW VALVES ON A TWO ANGLE VALVE JOB, LIGHTLY PORTED. INTERNALLY BALANCED MOPAR STEEL CRANK, RECONDITIONED RODS WITH ARP BOLTS. HAS ONLY RUN IN A RUN STAND FOR JUST OVER AN HOUR FOR BREAK IN. ALL MACHINE WORK, PREP AND DECKING, BORING HONING AND BUILD OF SHORT BLOCK DONE BY HUNTSVILLE PERFORMANCE ENGINE IN HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA. ALL ROD AND MAIN BEARINGS ARE STANDARD. MILIDON 8 QUART REAR SUMP OIL PAN. EDLEBROCK TORKER INTAKE. MOTOR RUNS GREAT MAINTAINS ALMOST 40 POUNDS OF OIL PRESSURE AT IDLE AFTER WARM UP. GREAT ENGINE AT A GREAT BUY. YOU COULD NOT BUILD THIS ENGINE FOR THE PRICE IM ASKING. ENGINE IS ON A PALLET AND READY FOR TRANSPORT. DELIVERY IS AVALIABLE AT A REASONABLE FEE. Carb and distributor not included.

Hello

Do you have this engine ? Will this engine run on pump gas and should I go over the engine ? Who at Huntsville Performance Engine can I talk to about this engine and could you supply me with his name and the phone number? Would this engine run nicely connected to a 4 speed ? I am interested, I have a 383 car with its numbers matching engine being tired maybe this could be a stop-gap solution ?? (I could mount the original engine on a stand and put this one in... )

Best Regards,
Erik D. Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back