• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1968 charger front lap belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasco

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
I have the shoulder belts, and one lap belt with the buckle sewn in midway - for the shoulder belt to connect, I assume. But basically need a complete set of front black lap belts for use with shoulder belts. Or recommendations on where to get a new set. Now that it's finally running and driving, I need some seat belts! Or how about these?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sao-668817/make/dodge/model/charger/year/1968

Last edited:
Are you looking for a factory "correct" look?
The Summit belts I assume will work, but will be far from looking factory.

I bought a complete set for my B body from BE&A Auto. Not sure if they sell partial sets.

Are you looking for a factory "correct" look?
The Summit belts I assume will work, but will be far from looking factory.

Not really caring about "correct", just looking for functional, safe, affordable and black. I actually prefer the push button to the pinchy original buckles. They have another set with "airplane" style buckles that are chrome but could be coated black to look more correct, I suppose. Quite a bit more expensive:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sao-672344/make/dodge/model/charger/year/1968

I just thought if someone had a complete front set of originals for sale, it wouldn't hurt to ask. But a little over $100 for new isn't bad.

Last edited:
Most 68 chargers came without the shoulder harness. Mine included. Optional and probably special order like the head rests. I opted for both when I rebuilt my 68 Charger. I have the original belts but are of no use with the shoulder belts. I suppose you could have these re-webbed to work if you combined the rear belt hardware with the front. One of my belts is junk anyway. Free if you can use them. $15.00 shipping.

100_0369.JPG 100_0370.JPG

Free if you can use them. $15.00 shipping.

View attachment 1250335 View attachment 1250336

I really appreciate the offer, very cool of you and exactly what I had in mind, but I've decided to go with the new aftermarket set. The original shoulder belts are pretty crusty from the Oklahoma sun and I'd like to update it to the retractable type anyway. Thanks again! Great looking car you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back