• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger Taillight Bezels

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Hi FBBO,

I am in the process of re-chroming the 4 tail light bezels on my 68 Charger. I have about 24 of them. I'm going to pick the best of them and give them a new shine.
To my question, some of the bezels have silver paint on the side (where the ribbed part is), some do not. Since I'm an electroplater, I imagine they could have painted it because the old electrolytic from the 60's didn't make it that far past the corners. Maybe it wasn't covered 100 percent and nickel could have peeked through.

Does anyone know more about whether they are really painted on the side? Would be great

thanks
Yannik
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-08 at 19.32.08.jpeg

Yes, the ribbed perimeter is painted silver. Also, on the recess in the face, it will be painted black.

Thanks, do you know if the console parts are painted silver also? I mean the inner ripped parts. The outer surface is silver for sure.

Click on the "Search" window top right, enter "1968 Charger Tail light assemblies"
They have been for sale here since 2018. I planned on using them in my car but then opted for New ones with LED lights.
I have 5 pairs already LOL. Could you send the link to the For Sale? Could not find it.

100_7156.JPG

Here are some pictures of my taillights. All original re-chromed. They are not perfect, but they have an all new shine!

IMG_2351.jpg
20220326_180106 2.jpg

Left before and right after:
IMG_2348.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back