• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger turn signal switch

'68 Charger

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Subject: 1968 Charger turn signal switch. Auto console car.
I bought a repop T/S switch (I think from Vans) it was a while ago, anyway it uses 7 of the 10 ports of the terminal. My repop M&H under dash harness uses 8 of the 10 ports of the terminal that goes to the T/S switch. The oddball wire that doesn't match the T/S switch is the double orange wire. So a double orange wire from the main harness but no mating orange wire from the T/S switch. I traced the orange wires in the FSM schematic and one appears to go to the radio (I'm assuming the radio light) the other orange wire goes to? The schematic just shows it leaving the terminal (see pic #3).

So if my T/S did have an orange wire port, I don't see what purpose it would serve. There is no lighting on the steering column on a '68 B Body. I was thinking about removing the orange wires from the under dash terminal and finding another source to run the radio light and whatever the other wire goes to. Am I missing something?

Pic #1 are the wires from my repop T/S switch (removed from the terminal).
Pic #2 is the under dash terminal that mates up with the T/S switch terminal.
Pic #3 is screenshot of the other orange wire in question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

How did I miss that!! Thank you. But me having a floor shift how does the radio light get connected?
There should be a two wire connector with the orange wire and the radio 12 volt feed wires.

100_1906cccccc.jpg

Subject: 1968 Charger turn signal switch. Auto console car.
I bought a repop T/S switch (I think from Vans) it was a while ago, anyway it uses 7 of the 10 ports of the terminal. My repop M&H under dash harness uses 8 of the 10 ports of the terminal that goes to the T/S switch. The oddball wire that doesn't match the T/S switch is the double orange wire. So a double orange wire from the main harness but no mating orange wire from the T/S switch. I traced the orange wires in the FSM schematic and one appears to go to the radio (I'm assuming the radio light) the other orange wire goes to? The schematic just shows it leaving the terminal (see pic #3).

So if my T/S did have an orange wire port, I don't see what purpose it would serve. There is no lighting on the steering column on a '68 B Body. I was thinking about removing the orange wires from the under dash terminal and finding another source to run the radio light and whatever the other wire goes to. Am I missing something?

Pic #1 are the wires from my repop T/S switch (removed from the terminal).
Pic #2 is the under dash terminal that mates up with the T/S switch terminal.
Pic #3 is screenshot of the other orange wire in question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 1447101

View attachment 1447102

View attachment 1447103
get the factory part # & look it up thar way . that way u r sure to get the right 1! if u have no way of finding it get a copy of the parts book from a swap meet or frpom ebay or a reprint from Bishko Automobile Liturature available for 1968, Dodge, Parts Book

get the factory part # & look it up thar way . that way u r sure to get the right 1! if u have no way of finding it get a copy of the parts book from a swap meet or frpom ebay or a reprint from Bishko Automobile Liturature available for 1968, Dodge, Parts Book
i suspect the repop one u got wasnt a true redo of the factory one i have never seen one u had to wire in . al te one i have seen was a plug & play with factory molded plugs on them . sometime they hada option of corning lights on the cars that didnt hsve them u just routed the extra pigtail down in the column

Auto Transport Service
Back