• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1968 Coronet - Reluctantly gauging interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightSpecial

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am gauging the interest on my 1968 Coronet. I feel like I'm at the point that I can still break even. I feel if I invest any more into it I'll never get it back out. This is not a case of "have to sale" but rather "may be a good idea to sale". At 25 years old I have a loving girlfriend I need to buy a ring for, a brand new house I need a fence for, and some debt I need to clear out to make life easier. I'll probably cry myself to sleep if I sell it but I have my whole life to get another Mopar. I love this car, I have enjoyed touring it around the city.

Here are some stats:

Things that are fine:
-Runs and drives
-Numbers matching V8 273
-Factory A/C, looks like everything is there.
-Manual steering
-Manual brakes (drums)
-Hood is SOLID, deck lid has one little spot on it
-Hooker long headers
-Flowmaster Super 44's
-BFG T/A Radials, only about a year old, very low wear
-I have the original manifolds, steering wheel, and horn.
-All the items you see painted black are Plastidip and it can be pealed off.

Things that are not so fine:
-Will need new wiring eventually, the owner before me did a pretty good butcher job
-The car is currently not charging. I am actually working on it this weekend. I think I figured out why.
-The rust spots - trunk will need to be replaced eventually, rear quarter patches will be needed eventually, a few pin holes in the floorboard but nothing structurally wrong.

I am located in Gautier, Mississippi. Its about 1 1/2 minutes outside of New Orleans and 45 minutes from Mobile, Al.

Local Pickup please.

Looking for $8,500.00 OBO, it's what I have in it all together(those fix it parts rack up quick!). I'll entertain trades with cash but the only reason I am considering selling is to get cash.

Here is the build thread: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?59117-1968-Dodge-Coronet-Deluxe-Project

I'm trying to be as transparent as possible. No BSing here. Dont want to waste anyone's time.

A whole lot of conversation about the car and what I have done and need to fix. Not everything is chronicled but if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

EDIT: FYI, I am more than willing to accommodate serious inquiries with any pictures requested.

attachment.jpg

Cool car!

GLWS

bandman

I am gauging the interest on my 1968 Coronet. I feel like I'm at the point that I can still break even. I feel if I invest any more into it I'll never get it back out. This is not a case of "have to sale" but rather "may be a good idea to sale". At 25 years old I have a loving girlfriend I need to buy a ring for, a brand new house I need a fence for, and some debt I need to clear out to make life easier. I'll probably cry myself to sleep if I sell it but I have my whole life to get another Mopar. I love this car, I have enjoyed touring it around the city.

Here are some stats:

Things that are fine:
-Runs and drives
-Numbers matching V8 273
-Factory A/C, looks like everything is there.
-Manual steering
-Manual brakes (drums)
-Hood is SOLID, deck lid has one little spot on it
-Hooker long headers
-Flowmaster Super 44's
-BFG T/A Radials, only about a year old, very low wear
-I have the original manifolds, steering wheel, and horn.
-All the items you see painted black are Plastidip and it can be pealed off.

Things that are not so fine:
-Will need new wiring eventually, the owner before me did a pretty good butcher job
-The car is currently not charging. I am actually working on it this weekend. I think I figured out why.
-The rust spots - trunk will need to be replaced eventually, rear quarter patches will be needed eventually, a few pin holes in the floorboard but nothing structurally wrong.

I am located in Gautier, Mississippi. Its about 1 1/2 minutes outside of New Orleans and 45 minutes from Mobile, Al.

Local Pickup please.

Looking for $8,500.00 OBO, it's what I have in it all together(those fix it parts rack up quick!). I'll entertain trades with cash but the only reason I am considering selling is to get cash.

Here is the build thread: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?59117-1968-Dodge-Coronet-Deluxe-Project

I'm trying to be as transparent as possible. No BSing here. Dont want to waste anyone's time.

A whole lot of conversation about the car and what I have done and need to fix. Not everything is chronicled but if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

EDIT: FYI, I am more than willing to accommodate serious inquiries with any pictures requested.

attachment.jpg

First time I saw a picture of your car i thought it looked tough as hell. Thats a good price too. Wish I had the bucks.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Still no hits on it. I haven't put it up locally on craigslist because I would like the car to go to someone who is passionate about these cars.

Up for any offers. Just let me know.

just a few thoughts from an older mopar guy, won't go into being wiser, tht's up for debate. I admire your willing to sell your pride and joy. It's the mature thing to do. I've done it several times myself when real life rears it's ugly head. But....I've sold cars, and bills are still there. they will always be there. Just think it over, and be sure this is what you want. And there will be another mopar out there if you do sell.

Im in eastern wyoming, where exactly are you in mississippi?? I love the look of the car. Mean as hell. Can you either post or pm me more pix. interior, engine bay, trunk etc.

Thanks so much

just a few thoughts from an older mopar guy, won't go into being wiser, tht's up for debate. I admire your willing to sell your pride and joy. It's the mature thing to do. I've done it several times myself when real life rears it's ugly head. But....I've sold cars, and bills are still there. they will always be there. Just think it over, and be sure this is what you want. And there will be another mopar out there if you do sell.

Hate to see you sell it bud. Glws

Everyone in this thread has made me really consider if this is the right choice....and I have decided its not the right call.

Yeah i can always buy another one.....but i wont ever get THIS ONE back.....my first hot rod.

BasketCase made a great point.....bills will always be there. Why should I get rid of one of the few things that can make me forget about lifes struggles?

Thanks for all the positive comments. It really made me refocus on what this car means to me.

To all those who were interested in purchasing I'm sorry but I dont think i need to sell it. Thanks for your interest.

Right choice. I've heard some heart yanking stories about people giving up their first muscle car.
That's a awesome looking car by the way. I love the 68-70 b body style.

glad that you're keeping it! There is something special about your first car that you really put yourself into. I had that with my last car. someone's discarded parts car that I was able to do 90% of the work myself. It didn't matter that there was no interior other than the torn up seats, It made me smile evreytime I drove it.
And when times are tight, that car doesn't have to be feed, and doesn't cost a dime to sit in the garage. Bad times come and go, and these old cars help us thru them.

Everyone in this thread has made me really consider if this is the right choice....and I have decided its not the right call.

Yeah i can always buy another one.....but i wont ever get THIS ONE back.....my first hot rod.

BasketCase made a great point.....bills will always be there. Why should I get rid of one of the few things that can make me forget about lifes struggles?

Thanks for all the positive comments. It really made me refocus on what this car means to me.

To all those who were interested in purchasing I'm sorry but I dont think i need to sell it. Thanks for your interest.

Personally I think you are making the right choice and here is why: I had a Jeep CJ 5 I sold back in '94 when I was in my twenties. In my later 30's I spent time looking for a rig similar to it but could never find the right one at the right price. Lucky for me, I just 'happened' to get on one of the truck trader sites and punched in what I was looking for and up pops this jeep. I look at it and realize it was my old jeep which I promptly bought back and still have to this day. My point: Money is tight in your 20's but unless you are backed up against a wall, I'd say keep keep the car. You can always make more money but you can't always get the same ride back.

Believe me I've been there. Years ago, between jobs I sold my white roadrunner. Wasnt completely necessary. Regrets. I've had a few.

Good call. Look at it this way, its paid for right? Worse case scenario you drop the tags and insurance and take it off the road til your finances are straight. That way it isn't costing you anything. If you sold it, whatever money you got for it would be spent and gone what would you have to show for it?

I dont agree with what you've been told and i'll tell you why. You tell us you need the money as you want to get engaged and need to fix the house. Your obligations should always be to your family or in your case your future family not to a car. As a man you need to do what you have to do no matter how hard the choices are. Ive seen to many guys make there families play second fiddle to there hobby cars and thats just plain wrong. We all want certain things in life,by the time i was thirty i had a house and three kids,i waited another 30 years to get a car i wanted. Nobody ever said it was easy.... Best of luck to you

good call keep the car it's a bad looking ride ..I am 53 and still am bummed over getting rid of my first mopar a 67 barracuda notchback with a 273 when I was in my early 20's . I have 7 nice old mopars now and still wish I had the first one..unless you are in a bind and there's no way out but selling the coronet I would say hang on to it.

I dont agree with what you've been told and i'll tell you why. You tell us you need the money as you want to get engaged and need to fix the house. Your obligations should always be to your family or in your case your future family not to a car. As a man you need to do what you have to do no matter how hard the choices are. Ive seen to many guys make there families play second fiddle to there hobby cars and thats just plain wrong. We all want certain things in life,by the time i was thirty i had a house and three kids,i waited another 30 years to get a car i wanted. Nobody ever said it was easy.... Best of luck to you

I too have seen family's take a back seat to the cars/racing and in that case I agree with you. I dont see that situation in this case.

if you have a steady job/paycheck then just keep saving. You were only asking 8500 for the car. Figure out a way to budget that before you get rid of the car. And take it from me, dont spend a lot on a wedding or ring. 2 words. Cubic zirconia. Build the fence yourself and park that coronet right in front of you when you do it so you can stare at it when you are digging post holes. These cars are getting more expensive and harder to find. 30 years ago guys got rid of them to start familys and now are buying them back at 10 times what they sold for. You might not have that luxury.

I too have seen family's take a back seat to the cars/racing and in that case I agree with you. I dont see that situation in this case.

if you have a steady job/paycheck then just keep saving. You were only asking 8500 for the car. Figure out a way to budget that before you get rid of the car. And take it from me, dont spend a lot on a wedding or ring. 2 words. Cubic zirconia. Build the fence yourself and park that coronet right in front of you when you do it so you can stare at it when you are digging post holes. These cars are getting more expensive and harder to find. 30 years ago guys got rid of them to start familys and now are buying them back at 10 times what they sold for. You might not have that luxury.

Your sure are right about the 30 years ago. The thing is how bad do you need the money and even if you keep the old car can you afford to fix it. If this young man can afford to hold on to that car then by all means he should. My point is if you need the money for your family the car has to go. The thing about buying a fake diamond is this. If a couple agrees to buy a fake ring thats there right. Some woman dont even want a diamond. But a diamond is a commitment. I would never say buy a fake and pass it off as real. Or tell your intended you don't want to go for a real one because you don't want to spend the money because you need it for a car. Thats starting off on the wrong foot and like i said ive seen guys neglect there homes,bitch about the costs of the kids education and have the money to dump into a hobby car. You make choices in life. I wonder what my wife would think about me after 40 years and three kids if i did not have the dough for the down payment of our house way back in 76 because i did not want to sell my 65 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back