• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1968 Dodge dog dish caps....and other ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrashingcows

Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of steel rims and dog dish caps, but not sure yet if I'm going to go this route on my 68 Coronet 500 convertible but would like to have a set of 4 stainless steel 9" dog dish caps if I do decide that is the look I want. Looking for nice clean driver quality with no major dents or dings.

OR....

here's the other idea.... I do prefer the look of the 66/67 10" dodge poverty caps more to be honest but obviously they won't fit the later 9" hubs on 15" rims. I saw a post about a member cutting down the later 70/80's 9" caps and then using construction adhesive to glue the 9" ring inside the 10" cap....so I might be interested in a nice set of the 66/67 10" dodge caps and some beat up 9" caps as well....as long as the mounting rings are in usable shape on the 9" caps.

Let me know what you have.

I'd be into 4 steel rims for over $2000 I bet!
Holy Schnike Balls!!

Well, best to have the info I guess..... nobody up there that can build wheels from those centers for you??

The '68 9" caps are just a smaller version of the '67 10" caps. The conical design with the Dodge "Fratzog" in the middle are mostly differentiated only when they are side by side.

The '68 9" caps are just a smaller version of the '67 10" caps. The conical design with the Dodge "Fratzog" in the middle are mostly differentiated only when they are side by side.

Yes and no...the 68 is the same basic design as the 66/67 but not quite as fancy IMO.

For comparison....pics stolen from Ebay auctions....

66/67...

1aIuJqUh.jpg

hFmn9W5h.jpg

I'm a huge fan of steel rims and dog dish caps, but not sure yet if I'm going to go this route on my 68 Coronet 500 convertible but would like to have a set of 4 stainless steel 9" dog dish caps if I do decide that is the look I want. Looking for nice clean driver quality with no major dents or dings.

OR....

here's the other idea.... I do prefer the look of the 66/67 10" dodge poverty caps more to be honest but obviously they won't fit the later 9" hubs on 15" rims. I saw a post about a member cutting down the later 70/80's 9" caps and then using construction adhesive to glue the 9" ring inside the 10" cap....so I might be interested in a nice set of the 66/67 10" dodge caps and some beat up 9" caps as well....as long as the mounting rings are in usable shape on the 9" caps.

Let me know what you have.
Got mine on ebay for $115 for the set. They were in really good shape so I just hand-polished with rubbing compound and then used some 2010 Ram black touch-up paint to freshen up where the factory paint was.

8_8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back