• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Power Wagon

Driven

Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
I know it is not a B body but figuried you might want to see some pics of the truck I picked up this past weekned. It is a 68 W200 Power Wagon. Used by the USFS slant 6, 4 speed.

Attachments

• 1166.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4,835
  • 1168.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2,860
  • 1177.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,425
  • 1183.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,673
Looks like a nice ride! How are the rockers?

Rockers are in great shape. A little rot on drivers side floor a little spot on the passenger side floor. Tailgate hinges are rotted. Passenger door and rear fender have some bondo from dents but no rot. I am sure I will find more if I rip into it but it is very solid. Frame is in great shape. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Actually runs pretty good has new carb, battery, shocks, muffler. I got new boards with it for the bed so I will fix that for sure. It was originally green and has a goverment body tag.

Sweet! Leave it like it is, everybody will get out of your way with a big ugly truck like that. Heres one I had. Not a Power Wagon, but big and ugly!

Attachments

• Scan0008.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,264
Hells yeah, sweet score!! Put some big olde meats on her and drive the hell out of it!!!

I think over the winter I will do a little welding on the rot but no plans to pretty it up at this point. The guy I bought it from gave me some really nice hemlock boards for the bed. I am only the 4th owner, a rancher in MT bought it from a gov auction. Then the guy I got it from in VT had it shipped from MT. Forgot to mention the rot on the bottom corners of the pass door. Still way better than anyting you typically find in Northeast.

the way those trucks were built, you could drive them just about everywhere.

Real nice truck. I had an uncle that owned a dark navy blue truck like that with a 318 and was pretty freakin strong and fun to drive. Miss that truck. Wouldn't mind finding an old truck like that down the line.

love it

awsome truck maybe you can get some ideas from this guy

Attachments

• 291335100_bd21f51f91_o.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 3,878
Cool find, here's my 65 Fargo W300. It was a 500, but the frame was shortened, got rid of the flat deck and put a short box on it. Dana 80 rear, Dana 70 front, 4.88's, 318 4bbl Poly, NP435 4 speed, soon to be 440 4 speed. 40" tires, split rims, Warn hubs, 10,000 LB winch, etc.

fargo.jpg

DSC05230.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

70Dart your 65 is one cool ride. That Alaska truck looks like a monster. Odd that it is the same **** yellow as mine.

Cool find, here's my 65 Fargo W300. It was a 500, but the frame was shortened, got rid of the flat deck and put a short box on it. Dana 80 rear, Dana 70 front, 4.88's, 318 4bbl Poly, NP435 4 speed, soon to be 440 4 speed. 40" tires, split rims, Warn hubs, 10,000 LB winch, etc.

fargo.jpg

DSC05230.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg
I like that truck and yours is a 4x4 great. I have a 1968 440 4bbl minus stock pistons and connecting rods. Would be nice to use that engine in there. My older brother in Guam asked me for it so he can put it into his 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4. I was thinking to full 60 over stroke it and send it to him. But now that I see your truck makes me want to find one and fix it up with a max bored 440. Thanks for this post.

Auto Transport Service
Back