• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1968 GTX HEMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

malex

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am posting this ad for a friend who has decided to sell his GTX. He has owned this car since 1979. It is a real J code Hemi GTX but without the matching number hemi. A brand new turn key Hemi built by Eddie Haines was installed when the car was freshened in 2007. This GTX has 100% of it's original sheet metal and did not require any rust repairs at time of freshening. Check the pictures, the price is 80,000.00 US funds and the car is located in SK Canada. 58,000 original miles I believe. The car has only a few hundred miles on it since freshened over 10 years ago. The car was originally bought new out of Edmonton Canada in 68 and from research done on the car it is believed to be one of the Hemi GTX's that was lost track of.
426 2X4BBL 4 speed. 3.54 Dana.
Contact JK by text or email.
306-539-3941
[email protected].
I have known this car since 1975 and I did the rotisserie freshening on it for the owner back in 2007. Although I installed it on the rotisserie when I went through it, it was not restored, just cleaned and painted, new steering parts, etc.
Check it out.
IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_2264.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

Last edited:
When I bought my 68 Roadrunner the dealer had a Hemi GTX on the floor. I paid $3000 for the RR hardtop and he offered the GTX to me for $3600. I was still in the Military and commuting from Dover Del. to N.Y.C. every weekend so I didn't need a Hemi at that time. Then when I was ready to buy one they were all gone and didn't want to buy a used one. So 24 years later I bought a crate 472 Hemi and put it in my 71 Cuda.

When I bought my 68 Roadrunner the dealer had a Hemi GTX on the floor. I paid $3000 for the RR hardtop and he offered the GTX to me for $3600. I was still in the Military and commuting from Dover Del. to N.Y.C. every weekend so I didn't need a Hemi at that time. Then when I was ready to buy one they were all gone and didn't want to buy a used one. So 24 years later I bought a crate 472 Hemi and put it in my 71 Cuda.
---
Yeah they are the grand Puba eh. Open the hood and there sits a massive hemi. Glad that you got your dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back