• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1968 J Code 68 Plymouth Roadrunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car Man

Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 1968 J code Roadrunner for sale
Was originally a medium darker blue. The fender tag and build sheet are missing. The car is freshly repainted in molten orange. (Ford color). Interior has also been painted in black and m orange. New headliner new seats recovered. New door panels front and rear. It is an automatic on the column with a rebuilt 727 transmission. The 426 Hemi engine has been rebuilt at 30 over. The motor is period correct. Block stamp 1966. Added disk brakes front and rear. Very nice looking car. Some of gauges not currently working. I do have extra parts and gauges. The car is currently getting new exhaust system and alignment. Asking $58000

20230806_185514.jpg

20230806_185446.jpg

20230710_115146.jpg

20230529_142923.jpg

20230511_094731.jpg

20230509_144601.jpg

20230509_144754.jpg

20221204_194831.jpg

20230511_130749.jpg

Since the fender tag and build sheet missing I did not put it back the way it was original. The pricing is reflective of the changes

Hemi car will have several frame re-enforcements on the bottom side And 26inch radiator is standard on a hemi car 1966 thru 1971
I understand price is great.
My comment is only to make you aware a 22inch radiator support . Combined with a missing build sheet / fender tag will raise huge red flags to anyone interested questioning its real
Have you ckd the underbody for the reinforcements mentioned ?
Verified the body numbers on the trunk lip and radiator support. ?

I understand price is great.
My comment is only to make you aware a 22inch radiator support . Combined with a missing build sheet / fender tag will raise huge red flags to anyone interested questioning its real
Have you ckd the underbody for the reinforcements mentioned ?
Verified the body numbers on the trunk lip and radiator support. ?
As I'm sure Bill knows, without a build sheet there's no way to connect the VIN & the body numbers on a 68... Radiator support is a huge red flag...

Post pictures of the rear spring shackles, hangers & pinion snubber area...

As I'm sure Bill knows, without a build sheet there's no way to connect the VIN & the body numbers on a 68... Radiator support is a huge red flag...

Post pictures of the rear spring shackles, hangers & pinion snubber area...
It's at the mechanics shop. He owns several mopars. I will have him measure the radiator mounting holes on both cars and compare.

I can send you some photos of the underside. Need a phone number or e mail.

You may want to call someone in an old race car stable with the VIN you have.

Did it show to ever have a Fender tag or was it not a production car?

Do you have a line of ownership?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to call someone in an old race car stable with the VIN you have.

Did it show to ever have a Fender tag or was it not a production car?

Do you have a line of ownership?
Uhhhh......

The person I bought the car from had given me a copy of the first owner who had purchased the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back