• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 PlumLocoWannaBee

57charley

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
The Plum Crazy paint gets a lot of attention, it's an older hillbilly body shop bondo the moulding and rust holes paint job, the bondo is bubbling in several places. But the 440 AT does run and drive so far, even if it bounces like crazy, it has 20 inch Plymouth Prowler wheels on back, and what looks like a solid suspension instead of shocks. It's going to be a budget driver, got some $50 Amazon seat covers, the front cloth didn't match the back seat vinyl.

My first improvement was installing a gas pedal, then I put in new (used) front door panels and arm rests, they were missing in front, I found a set of panels that were white and painted them. Last weekend I took back seat, side cardboard panels, armrests and upper valance panels out to install seat covers, side panels, and paint upper panels. Then I took front seat out and cleaned up the floor some, the back carpet was installed backwards, fixed that. I still need to reinstall the front carpet, they had it about 4 inches too far back.

68Bee19.jpg

68Bee20.jpg

68Bee21.jpg

68Bee22.jpg

68Bee23.jpg

68Bee24.jpg

68Bee25.jpg

68Bee26.jpg

68Bee27.jpg

68Bee28.jpg

Last edited:
I put some peel and stick aluminum roofing under the front carpet for sound/temp control. Finished up the back seat, got lucky and had the trim for the package tray, as well as the moulding for the passenger side headliner, looking better. I ordered headliner trim for the back window and windlace for the door jambs, I need to take the gas pedal out so I can reposition the front carpet.

68Bee29.jpg

68Bee30.jpg

68Bee31.jpg

68Bee32.jpg

68Bee33.jpg

68Bee34.jpg

68Bee35.jpg

68Bee36.jpg

Keep at it. You'll probably find more stuff wrong as you dig deeper. Looks good so far.

Auto Transport Service
Back