• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth lower dash pad questions

condor74

Reaction score
i have a large task in front of me. I have a 1968 Sport Satellite. Being young and dumb and not knowing that hardest parts to come up with would be cash and interior parts. Anyway my car was pretty much gutted and I am now trying to make it comfortable to drive. I don’t have the factory dash pads anymore. I picked up a lower dash pad from a swap meet but my switch panel will not fit into it. My car is factory ac car. Dash pad is non ac. Do I need to get an ac pad and vent or do I need to get a. Different switch panel?? Thanks.

The ac and non ac pads are the same. Try installing the switch panel on the dash before the pad.
My 68 Roadrunner was a non ac car, had an ac pad with a factory block off plate.

Pm me, I’ve got a decent amount of interior parts for 68-70 b bodies

The ac and non ac pads are the same. Try installing the switch panel on the dash before the pad.
My 68 Roadrunner was a non ac car, had an ac pad with a factory block off plate.

Pm me, I’ve got a decent amount of interior parts for 68-70 b bodies
Thank you. I did see a different pad from for ac and non ac. It is also possible I have a pad out of a charger or something else. Here is a pic of my fitment issue

0D74E491-5DAF-405B-A85B-17D766DE6C64.jpeg C28EDB35-871F-4C4F-8664-5AD3EE06100F.jpeg

The ac an non ac pads are different, I just meant in the switch panel area they are the same. Really the only difference between them is a hole for the center ac vents.

Chargers came with rally gauges (68-70, the only years for the sweep cluster like you have) and rally and sweep dashes really don’t mix. That pad was out of a Belvedere (rr/gtx/satty/sport satty) or a coronet. All of them are the same.

From the pictures, the pad looks a little saggy, the studs through the dash keep it in place pretty decent. The square edges of the panel sit behind the round edges of the pad. You should be alright when it all gets put on a dash

I will try putting it on the dash first and then inserting the switch panel.

That's definitely not a 68 pad, looks like a 69 non A/C version. In 68 all pads had the A/C center vent area open and had a blank off plate on non A/C cars. In 69 they had non A/C pads like you show, no center vent opening. I would not put that pad on a 68 non A/C car. Sell it and get the right one. That's my 0.02$

SoCal is correct. That is a 69 non-a/c pad. It would use a switch panel that has rounded corners on the right side like the way the left is made

Back