• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1968 Road Runner ex Texas race car

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeyes

Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
possible ex Texas race car ?[video]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Road-Runner-base-1968-roadrunner-racecar-blue-thunder-/221424492316?forcerrptr=true&hash=item338ded9f1c&item=221424492316&pt=US_Cars_Trucks[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

$_57[7].jpg

possible ex Texas race car ?[video]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Road-Runner-base-1968-roadrunner-racecar-blue-thunder-/221424492316?forcerrptr=true&hash=item338ded9f1c&item=221424492316&pt=US_Cars_Trucks[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 183623

Yes it is an old Texas Race Car. Raced at the Lubbock Speedway in Texas for sure. I bought it out of Texas 5 or 6 year ago and it hasn't moved since. It is a super cool looking car. To be race worthy again, I would say it needs to be gone through to make sure all is safe as I have moved it maybe 50ft since I bought it. Just cleaning out my garage. Have already sold a dart, chrysler 300, 2 68 GTX and a 70 Challenger RT/SE.
If you are into Nostalgic mopar race cars, this one is super cool and sounds mean, mean, mean.

thanks for the post maybe you could post other photos for all us here ,and maybe a little more details ,just trying to find homes for these cars ,some people never get a chance to see a lot of the old mopars ,so when I can I post them ,in hopes some member might have an interest in a purchase ,thanks :headbang:

My car

I'm amazed what people can find on the internet. That is my car. The picture without the headlight are from before I owned it and the rest are taken by me. The guy I bought it from in Texas wired in lights and actually drove it around on the street. Really neat guy and I initially saw the car for sale on ebay and it didn't hit reserve, as most don't. So I kept his number and eventually bought it. I paid $12K plus $2000 shipping it up, 5% tax to cross the border and then have paid to store it for several years. Anyways, I am asking $15k if anyone is interested, which is less than I have into it but didn't' buy the car to make money, just loved the look of it.

I have checked out forbbodiesonly for awhile and the only thing discouraging me from putting ads up here is how some members find it necessary to say inappropriate remarks to other members about their cars. I know this is always going to happen and for the most part there is a lot of positive remarks but I have seen a lot of remarks that would make me upset if it were me and my grandfather taught me a very simple lesson early in my life that I have always taken to heart. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I know I may get negative responses from this post, but most of them who might take offence to this are likely from people I don't want to deal with anyway so I am okay with that.

I am a true mopar lover and have had 24 1966-1970 mopars in the last 6 years (just went through them this morning as I was curious). I am not by any means a mopar expert but just love the look and love driving them. Most of my cars are driver condition cars and I buy them, drive and enjoy them, and then sell them and buy something different. I am an honest person and have made money on some and lost money on some. I have bought several sight unseen and yes, have been burnt before and lost a ton on a few. My response, bad on the seller to misrepresent the car (and remember their information and don't buy from them again), and my misfortune for buying the car sight unseen.

When I sell a car, I try my best (as most here do) to represent it for what it is but again I am no expert but have never had anyone call me back saying the car was not what I said it was. I recently saw one of my cars go on ebay that I had previously sold and I was surprised the listing said that the trunk floor had been replaced as I really thought it was original, so my bad if that was true and was definitely not an intended misrepresentation when I sold it. (Again, the guy who bought it from me never called me back to complain, maybe because he had figured he had gotten a fair deal anyway?)

Sorry for the long-winded post but just frustrates me when people unnecessarily call people out on their cars. I think we are all car people here and I honestly don't mind if someone buys a car from me and turns around and sells it for a $1000,$5000, or even $20,000 profit as long as the car is represented properly.

I may post one of my cars here in the future and see how it goes and good luck to all the honest buyers and sellers on this site. I do believe this is a positive forum and don't mean to knock it in any way, just my response to snake eyes request to having me post cars on the site.

Hi Calgarymopar,

I think you will find the vast majority of folks on this forum to be very respectful and helpful too. There are always a few bad eggs, but I would hope that it would not discourage you from posting.

Your car looks like a great car; I have been toying with the idea of getting a street/strip car. Unfortunately I don't have room or time for it now, so it will have to wait.

Good luck with the sale.

Wow, cool car. You say race car, but looks pretty complete for a street/strip, no? Does I have a title? Post some details / engine / trans / converter (if auto), etc. if it's as complete and rust free as it looks, that's a heck of a deal.

Don't let the people bother you who try and discredit your car, 99.99% of the members are are helpful with their comments.
Car is priced right and looks great.

thanks for the post maybe you could post other photos for all us here ,and maybe a little more details ,just trying to find homes for these cars ,some people never get a chance to see a lot of the old mopars ,so when I can I post them ,in hopes some member might have an interest in a purchase ,thanks :headbang:

Might be a good idea to start an E-Bay, Craigslist, Racing Junk section for these finds so members who have cars for sale don't get their posts buried under these posts

roadrunner pics

Might be a good idea to start an E-Bay, Craigslist, Racing Junk section for these finds so members who have cars for sale don't get their posts buried under these posts

I will post some more pics on the weekend. Thanks for the positive remarks. I'm not much of a computer person so don't often check emails. I am old school and would rather talk over the phone. Anyways, will post some info on my cars this weekend.
Thanks

I will post some more pics on the weekend. Thanks for the positive remarks. I'm not much of a computer person so don't often check emails. I am old school and would rather talk over the phone. Anyways, will post some info on my cars this weekend.
Thanks

Sweet car Calgarymopar...
Id be proud to own that Bird!

Sometimes Forum members will "ROCK" certain sellers who are un-realistic with the add or post a car that has a exceptionally high price for junk.
We are not supposed to, however.
I dont see much of that here at all.

We have excellent Moderators...

PS: I've been to Edmonton a few times in the past..
You near Edmonton?

This is why I like old school selling where you put a for sale sign in the window and sell it. I can't believe people can take my pictures and put them on other sites. The car did not sell on ebay as my reserve was $15k and was also my selling price. I think it might be sold but the guy is just trying to finalize finances. I've heard that story numerous times over the years but he seems like a fair person and admitted that he is not certain he can get the funds right now but is trying. If he does come through, I will post that it is sold.

Again, really frustrating that someone can actually post my car for sale. Curious how they could sell it when I have the title in my possession.

Commentary is not supposed to be made on ad posts according to rules but generally we don't make a big issue of it unless it's inappropriate but since Joey has that rule, we may get more strict on it. Only comments that are allowed by the rules are ones that pertain to the ad itself...ie, questions and info etc however, this is a fairly large site and there's not that many gate watchers plus we don't exactly live on the site. Anyways, this car is very similar to one I owned in the early to mid 80's and seems to use the same roll cage (6 point?), has the inner fenders removed and is a coupe. Mine had GTX trim on it....and I wouldn't mind having it back.

MOBY.jpg

That looks very, very cool. Blue Thunder was painted as far as I know in with 69 or very early 70's so certain its not this car. When I hear you say you want your old car back, makes me maybe think about keeping this one as I know once it's gone, I will likely never get it back. Anyways, good luck finding your old race car. You can checkout the pics of Blue Thunder on my photo bucket link below if you like. I really don't often check my computer but was just up early posting my coronet and then saw the replies on the runner so if anyone is asking me email questions, it will likely take a few days before I get back to you. Sorry but just don't make a point of doing computer stuff every day.

Pic link

http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/calgarymopar/library/?sort=6&page=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back