• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 RoodRunner Hood question

383MovingViolation

Reaction score
I going to put a fiberglass 6-Pac style hinged hood on my RoadRunner. I found one from Tamraz for $700 (Ebay) and one from AAR for $625. Has anyone bought hoods from either of these dealers. Are they good ? Is there anyone else that sells them for around this price ? Thanks for any info

Aar use the be top notch. I have a aar hood and fenders on my dart. Been over 10 years though since I bought them.

I have the AAR one, bought it a year ago quite happy with it.

I don't know about Tamraz hood but I just got one from AAR and I like it fits awesome no problems

shipping was crazy for mine also, but it is packaged very well and will be in one piece when it shows up .

You'll love the look of that a12 hood on your car. I put the six pack system and an original a12 hood - in fact the whole system was original - on my GTX. It looks bad ***.

I bought a hinged glass hood & scoop setup for my '66 Satellite from AAR 2 years ago. It is great. Real good quality fit & finish. The fit was excellent. A little bit on costly side, but... Delivery just when they said.

I bought a hinged glass hood & scoop setup for my '66 Satellite from AAR 2 years ago. It is great. Real good quality fit & finish. The fit was excellent. A little bit on costly side, but... Delivery just when they said.

Is it a good idea to use hood pins on these glass hoods ? I have read that they kind of want to lift at higher speed. Also, do you use lighter hood springs or just no springs at all ? Thanks

I used lighter springs & hood pins, no stock latch. At 121 MPH it doesn't lift at all.

Back