• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Satellite convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyredSavoy

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I just took this in part trade towards another car I had for sale. It is a VERY nice car and runs a drives great. Originally, it was a 318 auto car, but now has a '68 383 HP engine and A833 4-spd transmission that are both rebuilt with very low miles on them. A new top was professionally installed and the seat covers and carpet are new from Legendary Auto. It has manual steering and brakes, so it feels like driving a one of none made '68 RR ragtop! This is one of the cleaner B-body converts I have seen in a very long time. All of the floors are original, rust free and the rails are perfect! It did have a passenger qtr skin put on many years ago when it was repainted, but otherwise a very solid original sheetmetal car.
Looking to get $20k for it, you couldn't find a project convert and build it for that...

Attachments

• 1968sat6.jpg
    1968sat6.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 1,675
  • 1968sat.jpg
    1968sat.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,640
  • 1968sat48.jpg
    1968sat48.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,633
Hi, Is this car still for sale?

Yes it is, not the best time of year to sell a ragtop. I did tag and insure the car several weeks ago and have put about 500 miles on it so far. Runs and drives great, not a fan of the manual steering though, I got used to the power in the Bee and getting older I guess...

Ed, if you sell me the x9 GTX, I could get used to the manual steering again, pretty quickly;-)

The Satellite also has a complete new dual exhaust from the HP exhaust manifolds back and the brakes are all new, front and rear. The distributor has a Pertronix Ignitor 2.

Attachments

• 1968sat12.jpg
    1968sat12.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,189
  • 1968sat13.jpg
    1968sat13.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,199
  • 1968sat22.jpg
    1968sat22.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,175
Ed, if you sell me the x9 GTX, I could get used to the manual steering again, pretty quickly;-)

Thanks for the offer, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I hate to see this Satellite pass me by, but must get out of the substancial hole I am currently in and there is nothing which I am willing to part with that would generate the $$ needed to pick this car up. Still hope to get up your way to see it first hand before it sells.

Good luck with the sale.

Oh come on Ed! You know I'll treat the X well (for about 2-6 months, before my ADD kicks in ;-). We def need to all get together soon.

Man, that is nice..... looking for a rag but my budget isn't anywhere near enough.

I just took this in part trade towards another car I had for sale. It is a VERY nice car and runs a drives great. Originally, it was a 318 auto car, but now has a '68 383 HP engine and A833 4-spd transmission that are both rebuilt with very low miles on them. A new top was professionally installed and the seat covers and carpet are new from Legendary Auto. It has manual steering and brakes, so it feels like driving a one of none made '68 RR ragtop! This is one of the cleaner B-body converts I have seen in a very long time. All of the floors are original, rust free and the rails are perfect! It did have a passenger qtr skin put on many years ago when it was repainted, but otherwise a very solid original sheetmetal car.
Looking to get $20k for it, you couldn't find a project convert and build it for that...

can you send me a pm about the rag top? thank you pat n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back