• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1968 Sport Satellite Convertible Resto Mod project

Offender

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1968 Sport Satellite Convertible. $19K
Priorities have changed and looking to find this project a new home.
Clean title in my name
Originally a running, driving, complete 318/727 car.
WHAT'S BEEN DONE TO THE CAR.
Disassembled and mounted to a rotisserie, media blasted then epoxy primed
One piece floor pan installed along with US Car Tool frame connectors.
US Car Tool lower radiator support added.
AMD Quarter skins installed along with lower panel across rear, behind bumper.
Body panels installed by a professional old school body man.
Doors and front-end sheet metal have been media blasted and epoxy primed.
After bottom of the car was sealed up Rhino liner material applied inside and out of bottom and inside of the car.
New ESPO 2-inch lift rear springs and hangers, along with new bushings
New front suspension parts installed, upper CA bushings, upper BJs, lower LBs, LCA pivots and bushings, C- Body tie rod ends, rebuilt steering box, 1.03 PST Torsion Bars.
11.75" Mopar disc brake conversion. Challenger power booster/ hyd. clutch system and pedals installed.
KYB shocks all around.
Open third member w/ highway gears

DRIVETRAIN
Installed 2010 Challenger 5.7 HEMI / TR6060 drivetrain with 50K on it from running wrecked car, (Parts Car I bought).
New factory clutch, Flywheel, P.P. and Hyd. throwout bearing installed.
Milodon oil pan w/ tray, Schumacher mounts, Hemi jeep log style exhaust manifolds.
Custom heavy duty trans cross member fabricated and installed. This crossmember takes the place of part of the factory Torsion Bar crossmember that was removed to get trans up under the car with correct pinion/ driveshaft angle. Rear mount is adjustable to set driveshaft angle if wanting to lower rear of the car.
45 degree Mopar oil filter adaptor installed.
Lokar dipstick.
Challenger radiator and fans mounted.
New shifter to locate handle to standard location.
Tunnel from Challenger parts car installed.
Vintage Air A/C - Heat box hung under dash.
New Emergency brake cables installed and working rear brakes.

WHAT"S INCLUDED WITH THE CAR.
Rear side panels are there but need repair
Low back buckets and rear seat
Door panels.
Window regulators w/ original glass
Convertible top motor, cylinders and dash switch panel.
Dashboard and gauge cluster.
Factory body harness in poor condition.
Two grille assemblies with new moldings and all hardware. Enough to make one nice grille assembly.
Rear trunk panel and taillights.
New Windshield and gasket.
2-1/2" dual exhaust system w/ 1000 miles on it, use it with new headpipes to connect to Hemi.
Complete wiring harness w/ ECU from the Challenger parts car. Engine, Body and Dash harnesses.
Challenger Dash Cluster.

WHAT"S NEEDED TO FINISH THE CAR.
Engine harness and reprogrammed ECU - Sublime Tech has what is needed. Mopar Perf, Holley also.
Body harness - was going to source a Hot Rod style harness or replace bulkhead connector and use factory style harnesses.
Drive shaft w/ slip yolk built into it.
Fuel tank w/ pump - Tanks USA
Fuel Lines
Brake lines
Upper radiator hose with cap, or overflow with pressure cap
Wiper motor to mount under dash or replace factory wiper mount in firewall. Was working on an aftermarket under dash set up.
Body, paint, interior, replacement top if desired.
Digital Dash w/ GPS Speedo. Or make your own with sending units.
3.91 or 4.10 third member, Challenger had 3.91 from factory.
I'm sure there are other things, like restoring the window assemblies, finish HVAC, restoring the trim, etc. just as you would any other resto project

This car is a work in progress, a lot of the hard work has been done.
More work and $$$$ will be needed to finish.
How much you spend will depend on what you want it to be when finished, and how much you can do by yourself.
If you wanted to sell off the late model drivetrain and go back to a small/ big block, that can be done as well.
Change out the tunnel, upper firewall, and install a new stock torsion bar crossmember and you are on your way.

Serious inquiries only please, I have listed this project before, not here, and have heard from most of the dreamers and critics. Don't like the project, no problem, move along. I will be taking the car to Carlisle in July if it doesn't go before that. I have been putting some parts back on the car to make it easier to transport, but planned on another disassembly for paint after it is running. I'm sure I have missed a few things, been on this too long. I have some room on the price, but all negotiations will need to be face to face, after you have looked the car over. Possible delivery if in a few hours of Carlisle if bought at the show. Car is located in the Annapolis Maryland area, about 45 minutes south of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

I know this has been a long post, but I want to up front and open. Bottom line is it is a B-Body vert, all the hard metal work has been done, can still be put back stock if so desired. We have all seen junk posted for a lot more than what I am listing this one for. Not a GTX, it could be cloned easy enough, but a Sport Satellite with the hard to find ($$$) parts with it. If you are serious, I have loads of pics of every phase of the build. Just ask for specific pics. Only allowed 10 with add.
Thanks for looking.

20240526_182748.jpg
20240526_182922.jpg
20240526_182820.jpg
20240526_183430.jpg
20230125_172703.jpg
20180408_141011.jpg
20180408_161947.jpg
01-IMG_6525.JPG
20170513_163614.jpg
IMG_9827.jpg

Auto Transport Service