• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 3 speed wiper wiring

paul1969cars

Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi

Can someone help me with the wiring for the 3 spd wiper switch and washer button

The main harness is easy just plugs in as seen here. I repaired two wires because they got hot so dont mind my fix.

The question I have is this

There are 4 total wires for four terminals

They are 3 brown wires and 1 brown wire with white tracer

I think the one brown wire in the front of this pic goes on the side of wiper switch. It has an exposed copper spade on the side. This is the way it was before i removed it to fix it. this wire has power.

The bottom of the switch i guess gets brown wire with tracer. At least this is how i got car. This wire also has power.

The other two brown wires go to washer button. Those wire look identical. There is no power at either wire. Need less to say nothing works

And the wiper motor was just rebuild

Any help?

I check the wiring diagrams really not that helpful

If someone can take apic of this for me it would be great. If you remove the ashtray and the bracket behind the trey (2) screws you can view this easily without being upside down under dash

Thanks

Hi
IMG_7209.jpg

Did you resolve this? I've changed to 3 speed wiper motor due to adding air grabber. The very bottom wire and the other terminal are both open after plugging harness in. Same as your pic.

Did you resolve this? I've changed to 3 speed wiper motor due to adding air grabber. The very bottom wire and the other terminal are both open after plugging harness in. Same as your pic.
H

I acutally got a new wire harness and Im going to replace it all and I got a new switch. just havent had to time to get to tit

thanks

So I assume the 2 plain brown wires to the circuit breaker out and the washer switch are interchangeable?

I see...

Dark brown single wire
Dark brown /white tracer 2 wires
Dark brown /white tracer single wire.

Auto Transport Service
Back