• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1969 383 fresh rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dajkzo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey folks,

I have a clean 1969 383, that is .030 over, stock style cast pistons (flattop) .025 below the deck.
Static compression ratio works out to 8.36 to 1
Stock 906 heads, just a clean valve job, no porting
CompCams XE268
new bearings (mains, rods, cam)
new Mopar standard oil pump, new pinned intermediate shaft
new Carter fuel pump
factory cast iron 4v intake
The engine was not decked, the build stamp is still there. E383 RA (.020 from the factory)

This engine came with my 1970 RR clone. The previous owner had it built and it has been run and broken in. The engine is out of a 1969 Charger 383 2v. I checked the Vin and that part I was able to verify. Everything that came with my car and the car itself has been just what the PO claimed. I'm comfortable this is a decent rebuild.
I have a set of Felpro Permatorque gaskets and will pull a head for inspection for any serious buyer. Also, I'll take additional pictures for anyone who is interested.

Price reduced to $1500 OBO. I have a buyer for the valve covers and matching air cleaner.

Now for the down-side. I'm an hour north of Boston on the coast in the southern tip of Maine. I do not have a pick-up truck at this time and really don't want to stuff this thing in my SUV. That said, I'd really prefer that someone come and inspect it thoroughly and be confident on what they are getting. It comes with a cheap but functional engine stand. I can load this thing up and meet someone, but you have to bring the engine hoist!!.

Picture of cast date uploaded. Cast 07-16-1968 Build date 2-26-1969

IMG_0894.jpeg View attachment 791201 IMG_1005.jpeg View attachment 791203 IMG_1009.jpeg IMG_1016.jpeg IMG_0896.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back