• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger B-Body Sill Plate Extensions Install Question

robl72

Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Charger and I am trying to install a set of the sill plate extensions shown below. Does anyone have some good pictures of how they install correctly and fit into the base of the rear seat side panel. My side panels seem to bend over onto the rug at the bottom not allowing them to install. Any help and pictures is appreciated.

Thank you!

7M2A7576_2000__79627.1607893443.jpg

This was my car when I pulled it apart. I had a hard time when I put it back together. Once you find the holes they will start to fit.

000_1011.JPG

This was my car when I pulled it apart. I had a hard time when I put it back together. Once you find the holes they will start to fit.

View attachment 1426785 Thank you. do you have a pic of the big sill plate sitting on top of the extension so I can see how that fits on it

Also it’s tough to tell from the pic. Does the U shape end go towards the front or the rear?

View attachment 1426785it’s tough to tell from the pic. Does the U shape end go towards the front or the rear?

it’s tough to tell from the pic. Does the U shape end go towards the front or the rear?

There is a left and a right. The "fork" goes under the sill plate to pick up the sill plate screw. The "hole" goes to the rear and screwed into it's hole in the floor.

I believe there is a clip that is under the car for that rear screw? It clips on the frame rail proper.
DSCF8455.JPG

That clip's a WAY too far back for the carpet trim. Not sure what it's for... that's about the bottom edge of the rear seat back.

That clip's a WAY too far back for the carpet trim. Not sure what it's for... that's about the bottom edge of the rear seat back.
Maybe for a ground wire? Reverb or rear defroster?

O.K., It's been a while. I now see that it's a phillip's screw.

Auto Transport Service
Back