• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 charger build

So just bought
Rear seats
And 4 wheel wilwood disc brake kit 6 piston up front 4 out back

I am looking for a sure grip chunk with 3.55 gears (I had one locked in but the owner just backed out ) said he needed it for another car

Last edited:
I love my QQ1 even though it's a 68 colour

rsz_185a2473copy.jpg

Hemi orange with magnetic "01" and flags an option?[/QUOTE

No way Its getting magnet s is getting paint on if it goes that way !!!!

But I think I'm stuck between the green and a deep brown I like the 68 above that is beautiful !

wil-140-12837-dr_zd_xl.jpg
received_297791815607758.jpeg

Just ordered these
Brakes are 6 piston fronts and big 4 piston rears !
Rims are my favorite boss 338's (sorry guys there 18")
We're going pro Turing on this one !

My front seats are out of some Volvo I'll get pictures they are really nice looking seats all elc they remind me of the 70 high backs I got stock rear so they will need upholstered to match each other .

Its nice to hear you are sticking it out. The way you are looking at colors right now is a good idea. See it, visualize it on a big color chip, aka on the car already. Color choice is like wheels, personal preference. But it has to all meld together and LOOK RIGHT. Otherwise you just kill it. Since you are aways from putting any on, you have plenty of time to decide. Cruising through parking lots, garages and dealer lots gives you the opportunity to check out a plethora of choices. What part of FL are you in? On my wife's side, we have relatives in P-Cola, Lutz and Jupiter.

So, a suggestion if I may:
You are a LONG way from needing brakes and wheels, etc. If you have plenty of funds, then have fun and buy away. But I believe from the other thread money was tight. So stop the buying frenzy! Why spend limited money on that stuff and just be forced to store it and not make progress on the build? Instead, spend time assessing the body and use your limited money to buy body related stuff you need. Purchase things in the order they are needed and get on the bodywork to get that done. THEN start worrying about the next set of parts you need.

As the well known saying goes: If you fail to plan then you are planning to fail.

Last edited:
I am huge fan of the brown/bronze on the 69 chargers. You really can't go wrong on a color on a 69 charger (except maybe plum crazy in my opinion). Good luck and I am following along!

I'm Melbourne/palmbay area

All body stuff is hear came with car $15000 in new metal
Got the grille and missing fender .
Had to order the brakes as there a long wait lately .and the wheels I stumbled on they discontinued them I found the perfect set in stock so I grabbed them

It wasn't that money was tight I told my wife I would reimburse the house hold bank acct asap or sell it .

I got the money put back and have made some since

Anyone buy primer lately ? ................. $7-$12 a can that's reg stuff too I still need to order the weld threw primer

Last edited by a moderator:
Attn mod
Was my seat choice the problem ? Or trans mod?
You deleted something I have no idea what just like to know so I don't bring it up again !
If trans all is set as I'm going 4 speed .

Ok got a ? For you guys
I'm working out drive line and what not to make sure no further metal fab is needed before I start putting body together . (Mostly talking about the tubs)
So far the tubs are stock car has a 8 3/4 in it but a open center .
I can get a Dana 60 or another 8 3/4 at a decent price I was wondering if I should sick a Dana in it since I'm here or just stick with the 8 3/4 ?

So driveline is 440 4 speed ........doing big brakes so big wheels are required.
Wheels are ordered as are the brakes god only knows when they will show
440 is here waiting on build 4 speed is here ready to go .
I decided agents the 6 speed as I didn't want to hack up the new floors for a bigger tunnel and then have to get custom carpet .

So basically is there any advantage of the Dana over 8 3/4 and since I'm back here with the welder is a mini tub a good idea ? How big of a tire can I fit under a 69 charger
Rims are 18" x9.5 in rear 18" x8 in front

Did you just toss that grill in the corner with all the other s...? Or did you just have a tornado go through?

If you need to change gears or put in a limited slip differential you might as well spend the money on a Dana 60 right now. Do it once, do it right. Manual transmission with a big block dictates a Dana 60 for no worry beatings in my book. If your 8 3/4 has the gears you want and a limited slip differential you can leave it in until it breaks, then replace with a Dana at that time.

Did you just toss that grill in the corner with all the other s...? Or did you just have a tornado go through?
Just set it there for now got to clean a place for it to go safely on shelf
The other stuff there was in trunk I just pulled 1/4's off didn't put parts away yet

If you need to change gears or put in a limited slip differential you might as well spend the money on a Dana 60 right now. Do it once, do it right. Manual transmission with a big block dictates a Dana 60 for no worry beatings in my book. If your 8 3/4 has the gears you want and a limited slip differential you can leave it in until it breaks, then replace with a Dana at that time.

So the car has a peg leg in it now ! I'm going to go see my rear guy and see exactly price diff he can get me a rebuilt center 3.55 gears sure grip for $750 he says I doubt I will blow a 8 3/4 apart but if in the end I get a deal on a Dana then so be it

Screenshot_20211222-125253.png

Ordered a few things since summit had the heads in stock finally

Auto Transport Service
Back