• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1969 Charger headlight support buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar4don

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for headlight support buckets from a 1969 Charger.
This would be the large brackets that the headlights mount to.
The tabs on mine are bent up!

P2014dec25c.JPG
P2014dec25d.JPG
P1010073.jpg

I think I would fix up the ones you have Don, they really don't look that bad.

Your right Hunt,
The tab on the end is the only thing wrong with it. (That and the mounting studs are broke) It's twisted and I'm not sure how to fix it? Do the mounting studs go to the fenders?
I already thought about making a template from the other side and then reverse it (or mirror image it) But it does'nt seem to be that way. I'm sure that if I had it mocked up I could come up with something. But I was wanting to get this blasted and in primer.
Any ideas? Or can someone get me some pictures showing how the tabs are mounted?

h/l bucket supports

Those tabs are made to bend and twist to attach to the fenders. Each car is a bit different and they'll bend into position and bolt down. Drill out the old bolts and weld in some 1/4 " bolts and you're good to go. EXCEPT now I won't be able to buy the old ones from you!

Yep, just straighten out the tabs. I had a couple of broken studs as well and replaced them with 1/4" weld studs - good as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back