• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Project

Cerberus

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
I took delivery on Friday of my Q5 '69 Charger. Happy to report that it's really solid and not missing much, but still needs a ton of TLC. Little man is stoked about working on it, but my wife says I can't until our bathroom renovation is done. So until that time, here are a few day 1 photos.
1000006235.jpg
1000006236.jpg
1000006242.jpg
1000006243.jpg

1000006244.jpg

Looks like you two will have a lot of work and hopefully great memories ahead have a Happy Easter!

I love Q5 turquoise great color on b bodies. Looks like you found a good one to build...it has most of the interior!

I love Q5 turquoise great color on b bodies. Looks like you found a good one to build...it has most of the interior!
I've always wanted to do a black-on-black build, but considering this one is numbers matching, I may have to go with the original turquoise with white interior and white vinyl top. I'm sure I have plenty of time to make that decision

Congrats on the Charger. Q5 and white is a great combo. Here is one in that combo that was local to me. Car has since been finished and sold...

2024-03-31_02-10-31.jpg
2024-03-31_02-10-42.jpg
2024-03-31_02-10-48.jpg

Out of curiosity, what determines if the tail light panel is black or color-matched?

They were all black from the factory. If you see them body color it's just personal preference

I guess color is a personal preference because I wouldn't give a black on black car a second look but Q5/white/white is as good as a 69 Charger can get. Congratulations.

Here are a couple pics of the 69 R/T I restored. Wife wanted black on black on black. While gorgeous when clean and it surely got a pile of attention, black gets dirty shortly after wiping them down. And to top it all off, any little scratch in the clear is very visible. I finally had enough of that color and sold the car. I would take your Q5 any day over a black one.....

145960-caad0410c388ef2cf3a93b0a0ad6c71b.jpeg

145961-2fc27f2a178069ae6388bc9b71c2d861.jpeg

Here are a couple pics of the 69 R/T I restored. Wife wanted black on black on black. While gorgeous when clean and it surely got a pile of attention, black gets dirty shortly after wiping them down. And to top it all off, any little scratch in the clear is very visible. I finally had enough of that color and sold the car. I would take your Q5 any day over a black one.....

View attachment 1638681

View attachment 1638682
That's gorgeous. My last 3 vehicles have been black and I agree that nothing looks better when they're clean, but keeping them that way is a PITA!

You dont have time to waste on here get to that bathroom :lol: Congrats and have fun with the charger. If you plan on new seat covers from Legendary you might want to order now. 8 to 10 month waiting time.

Good start. Now get the wife that bathroom if you don’t want to become very friendly with the couch.
Now is a good time to take inventory, see what you need for the car, what direction you want to go. Define your vision for you and your son of the car. This will save you money and time when you don’t need to change your mind halfway thru.
Welcome to site

Start your task and shopping list. Easy to work on and think through while the bathroom is being worked on.

If you plan on using Legendary Auto Interiors, you might want to get your order in!

I ordered a complete top to bottom interior for my 71 RR with bucket seats and it took them 416 days to fill the complete order. Although my interior is dark brown and may have had something to do with the delay, they are running behind on everyone's orders.

Auto Transport Service
Back