• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger....what to do?

The help here is fantastic!
Update.....
The VIN is XS29L9______
That ( if I'm correct ) makes it a True 1969 R/T Charger with the 440 engine from the factory.

The engine info on the plate near the distributor is labeled as D440 and 710 below that and way off to the right is an "A". So that makes it a 1968 Build 440 engine made on July 10th. I have no idea what the "A" stands for. I would think that this can't be a #'s matching car with the engine a 1968 and the car a 1969?

Any guess on value?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like $ value is the important factor rather than sentimental or pleasure of ownership. That's ok. Sell it to someone who will enjoy the car. Check around and sell at a fair market value.

No it's not that....I want to keep it in the family, but in order to do this project I have to buy it from my other two brothers as I am only 1/3 owner at this point.

Any guess on value?
between you and your 2 brothers, i'm guessing 5000. dollars each, but who knows at this point. you need to get that car out of the garage and do some cleaning up. does it have a fender tag? (driver side inner fender)

I will check that today when I go to the house.

I had no idea that the value would be so high for that car in the condition it's in. I think my brother bought it for 3500 or 4000 when it was in better shape.

I had no idea that the value would be so high for that car in the condition it's in. I think my brother bought it for 3500 or 4000 when it was in better shape.

Ok then. Sit down with them and say, the car was purchased for 4k. I will give each of you 1300 for your 1/3rd.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess neither of them have any interest in it?

- - - Updated - - -

It looks to be fairly original. Under the hood looks stock and factory. If it comes down to having to sell it, dont touch it. Dont clean it. Dont do anything. Believe it or not, the as found, barn find condition will benificial

that was just a guesstimate. not until you start looking under the carpet, frame rails etc. for rust problems will also determine value.
p.s. sorry to hear about your brother.

Thanks...he was a great guy and will be missed!

A guess is all I need to get started. I can pull up the carpets easy, but where it sits right now is hard to see underneath to get an Idea...will have to get it out of the garage/barn to look under it.

Auto Transport Service
Back