• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet N96 Filter Mounting Height w/G3 Hemi

Rjvb3

Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the planning phase of adapting a factory N96 Hood that I have to work functionally with with my Gen III Hemi and 5.7 intake manifold/throttle body. The plan is to mount a factory style filter above the G3 composite intake manifold and modify a repro N96 Filter base with an elbow to the throttle body and mount it at the appropriate height to make contact with the a repro ramcharger hood air box and seal (which I do not have yet).

I may however not have enough room between the closed hood and intake manifold to get the filter down low enough (even with the shorter 440 lid/filter as I have seen on my research). This is where I need a friend with a straight edge, a tape measure, and N96 Coronet/Bee! If you were to lay a long straight edge across the top of the fenders, what is the height from the edge to the top of the filter lid on the front, back, and how far away is the rear of the oval to the firewall?

If I do not have enough room to see this vision come to fruition, I would rather find out now instead of after, dropping $1,400 in air boxes and filters. In this case, I will likely fab up a duel filter setup and make my own air boxes, but would love to retain a factory cable operated ramcharger and oval filter to be a little bit sneaky.
PXL_20211230_032204927.PORTRAIT.jpg

Thanks guys!

-Rick

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back