• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet R/T dash chrome bezel?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
I bought my car with a painted silver instrument bezel (not painted very well either). I was inquiring whether I could get mine rechromed since I didn't wish to spend $195 for a new one. However, a restorer told me the 69 R/T did not come with the chrome bezel. He said that came on lower Coronet models/trim packages and Roadrunners with standard dash. It is listed in a parts catalog, though. Thus, I am confused. Do I even need this thing to finish restoring my dash?

Here's what my dash looked like when I bought the car:

IMG_0824.jpg

Instrument cluster.jpg

Hmmm...I cannot tell you for sure for '69, but my '68 Coronet 500 does not have that bezel (pretty sure they're the same). I have no idea why the FSM doesn't show it, even in '68....Gotta be somewhere. My '68 has trim that run's the length of the dash. My '69 RR has that bezel you have now. PIC of '69 R/T dash like yours Below.

As far as plastic chrome re-plating, I used Vacuum orna-metal out of Michigan. Believe it cost me $60 bucks for them to redo my roadrunners bezel. It came back quick and looking brand new.

http://www.vacuumorna-metal.com/content/restoration

dc dash.jpg

I see that car doesn't have the chrome bezel around the gauge cluster. Maybe I should put it back together without the bezel.???

I just bought the aluminum center piece and the 2 stainless end pieces since mine were missing.

Thanks for the link. I sent an email requesting a quote.

Auto Transport Service
Back