• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dart, looking to trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGBARRACUDA

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start with a little history on my 69 Dart. I bought it from another member here 7-8 years ago, I don't recall his screen name but maybe he will chime in here. I paid $8500.00 for it and have since done alot of work and made a bunch of changes. When I bought it, it had a bench seat black interior. As you can tell it is a F-3/F-8 interior which is the original color now. The original exterior color was F-3 light frost green metalic. The car was allready white when I bought it but the job was never finished. The under hood, door jams trunk inside was never painted white. After owning it for a couple of years I completely tore it down, engine/trans, interior, trunk , suspension and rebuilt it all. New carpet, changed interior to buckets console shift, Had seats recovered, Dash bezels rechromed by P&G,all the floor/door jams painted white and dash and door metal painted F-8 Dark/Ivy green metalic. The uder hood area was also painted white and I rebuilt the front end with PST parts. Since the previous owner had passed away no one really new what the engine really was, so I tore it down to inspect and rebuild it. It is a .030 over 360 with J heads 2.02/1.60 valves, Cam is a Hughes hyd. HUG2328 AL 223/228 duration @.050 506/524 lift and was installed @ 104. Has adjustable rockers I think were Comp Cams but not sure. Pistons are Seal Power, New clevite mains and rod bearings and a HV Melling pump. 727 trans with a B & M deep pan and I bought a new Frank Lupo 2800 stall converter. I also bought a Ld 340 Edelbrock and a 1406 Edelbrock 600 carb new. I located a brand new set of CPPA headers and had them jet coated. 2 1/" exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. Rear is a 8 1/4 3.21 Sg which was all new when I bought the car and done by ODT service. BBP Ralleys 205x70x14 tires. Car has all it's original sheet metal no rust or replacement of any panels or floor. It does have 67 front fenders on it which were there when I bought the car, not sure why. Vin number is LH23D9E, originally a 273/727, A/C, P/S. I have installed the right steering column, firm feel P/S box and reinstalled all the A/C that was missing. Blah Blah Blah I'm tired of typing. contact me by PM and I'll talk to you on the phone. I'm looking for something different to own and drive for a while that is the ONLY reason I'm open to trades. When I bought this car it had 79770 miles on the odometer and this is what I reported to my Alstate Ins. agent, It now shows 80552. I've only put 782 miles on it since I've owned it. Just to local car shows and back to its carport and car cover. Runs and drives great. Needs a few little things done but not much. I'm just looking for some different to play with. Mopar of Coarse. Thanks for reading this loong message. I figure it's worth 15-16K trade price.

Attachments

• my 69 Dart.jpg
    my 69 Dart.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 219
  • my 69 Dart-1.jpg
    my 69 Dart-1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 229
  • my 69 Dart-2.jpg
    my 69 Dart-2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 202
  • my 69 Dart-3.jpg
    my 69 Dart-3.jpg