• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Deluxe Wheel Cover

paul1969cars

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone have a good close up picture of what the grey painted surface on these wheel covers looks like. Im restoring them and know they were painted a grey, Just dont know what grey. Some people say its argent grey like the grill
Thanks

unnamed.png

One of my 68 Chargers came with those same covers and they are the cheapo full wheelcovers. The deluxe ones are the heavier ones that look like mags.

Anyway, below is a picture of one of mine and the silver paint is smooth. Holding it up to the original untouched grille, I’d say that the color is very close to grille silver. Yours is darker & I don’t know if yours have been repainted, or they changed color in 1969.

IMG_8674.jpeg

I have the '69's off of my Bee and they look just like RC's if I recall correctly, can't remember where I stacked them.

Hi thanks
My build sheet said the car came with these delux wheel covers
I never had them on car
Picked them up at swap meet
Just need to know the color is all

Thanks

One of my 68 Chargers came with those same covers and they are the cheapo full wheelcovers. The deluxe ones are the heavier ones that look like mags.

Anyway, below is a picture of one of mine and the silver paint is smooth. Holding it up to the original untouched grille, I’d say that the color is very close to grille silver. Yours is darker & I don’t know if yours have been repainted, or they changed color in 1969.

View attachment 1593881
Are your caps restored or are they originals? Im trying to find out the correct color for them.

They’re all original. The car has less than 35,000 miles.
well that is good enough for me. There is a place in Jersey called Kolor Korrect. used to be called mopaints. They reproduce all those paints, so I will double check for 69 with them.

well that is good enough for me. There is a place in Jersey called Kolor Korrect. used to be called mopaints. They reproduce all those paints, so I will double check for 69 with them.

I recently bought some interior paint from them.

Here's the same covers on a '69 Coronet & they appear to be finished the same as mine.

1706008673669.png

Mopaints was horrible. Had a few bad experiences with them. I forget the owners name at that time Rob?? maybe… Anyway once he had health issues it got worse and I stopped dealing with them. Nice to hear someone picked up the business and is doing good.

Auto Transport Service
Back