• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Coronet 2 door police fleet ordered vehicle / Jurisdiction UNK

americasclas

Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
A prior discussion revealed The white book shows only 78 WK21’s shipped for model year 1969. Of that, 27 were 318 automatics.
Still looking for further information about fender tag and options

I am not claiming or confirming this car is anything other than an interesting find allowing us to share our thoughts and knowledge

Thank you In advance for your support and help on this journey

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

IMG_0681.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

That's a sad looking roach of a car. Personally, I see no added value to it being a police or fire car. It's just your basic 318 2-door Satellite. The cost to bring that car back far exceeds its value.

Edit: If it’s a solid body, it could be a good candidate for a modern Hemi swap or a RR clone, providing that it could be bought cheap enough. Either way, it would still be an expensive project.

Last edited:
the instrument cluster shows' certified witch is police and fire

the mettle plate on the roof is a support for a rotator light to mount to

Just the kind of oddball stuff I like about Mopars.

My vision-

Dress a 5.9 Magnum as a period 318, put N96 scoops on it, paint it back red, and do the painted wheel and dog dish look but with wide tires on the back.

...and put a spotlight back on it.

Then stand back and let the crowds congregate.

It’s one of 27 I like it I am working on a similar car right now mine is a 70 coronet deluxe sedan 318 it’s one of 800 .

That body doesn't look like anything more than surface rust, although it could be deep.

What else does the OP have under those tarps?

That's a sad looking roach of a car. Personally, I see no added value to it being a police or fire car. It's just your basic 318 2-door Satellite. The cost to bring that car back far exceeds its value.

Edit: If it’s a solid body, it could be a good candidate for a modern Hemi swap or a RR clone, providing that it could be bought cheap enough. Either way, it would still be an expensive project.
Would you like a little wizz in your corn flakes courtesy of our own RC,sir?

If this were my car,I would build an A12 Super Bee clone in full Police trim. Big A12 letters on the roof. Lift off hood,black and white paint scheme, over sized black police wheels, with chrome lugnuts,and a black Super Bee tail stripe. Sixpack justice would prevail! It would be the official Dodge City Police Department vehicle,with a cardboard poster of the Dodge Sheriff included!

Last edited:
the instrument cluster shows' certified witch is police and fire

the mettle plate on the roof is a support for a rotator light to mount to
Thank you I was wonder if this support was original to all B bodies or specifically police fleet. You killed my curiosity

Previously posted picture of a two door post Coronet police car,that was deleted in the other thread!

tumblr7uyiyi7i7i_mxzla4VBrW1qh5zuoo1_1280.jpg

It's a coupe so it's not a Satellite.....Satellites were hard top only plus the car in post #1 is a Dodge.

RC is pretty well versed in B body cars. He obviously didn't look to carefully at the photo's too much!
I think we all see something and don't look too closely at times. I know I've done it plenty but I love the coupes and know about them. Used to have a 68 road runner coupe race car that was trimmed out in GTX trim and no one knew any better but that was in the early 80's when not many paid much attention to what came with what. Got lots of compliments at the track about what a nice GTX it was.

This is a pretty interesting car to many and very interesting to certain crowds. It would be a shame to see it restored to anything but stock. Then it becomes just one of many gussied-up 318 sedans. Repaint it R6, restore the tan interior, throw a spotlight on it and keep researching.

It's kind of hard to imagine a police car being R6 which would lead me to focus more along the fire department lines. Maybe a clue can be found amongst the garbage strewn inside, under the seats, etc.?

At any rate, good luck and thanks for sharing.

agreed other than it's a
Dodge base model 2dr post coupe Coronet, 318
with a few special police parts, rarity doesn't equate any real value

if it rocks someone boat or blows someone's skirt up
go for it
but it will be a chore to bring that car back
unless you want a 'ratrod' rusted patinia sort of deal
or some sentimental value in an old rusty police (fire) fleet car,
just 1 of the thousands across the country, that many municipalities bought

make a good gutted racecar hull, start
only still after the rust is abated

that's the brutal honesty, unfiltered truth

A prior discussion revealed The white book shows only 78 WK21’s shipped for model year 1969. Of that, 27 were 318 automatics.
Still looking for further information about fender tag and options

I am not claiming or confirming this car is anything other than an interesting find allowing us to share our thoughts and knowledge

Thank you In advance for your support and help on this journey

View attachment 1632814

View attachment 1632815

View attachment 1632816

View attachment 1632817

View attachment 1632818

View attachment 1632820

View attachment 1632821

& every, I mean every aspect of that car, needs,
or will need some extensive & serious attention, work
it has serious rust around the windshield too, some of the rust is surface
that much rust everywhere isn't a good sign, tread lightly
probably the rear windows & channels too

from the looks of it a lot of Rust in other places too
'if you see that much on top'
there's 5-10+ times as much in places you don't see

It's a money pit, you will have several times what it's worth
just bringing it back to near stock,
it's no different to do a base model 318 car than a real Muscle Car in prices,
except drivetrain, or specific rare Hemi or V code or M Code cars
paint & interior most the driveline etc.
'but' if it makes you happy, rocks your world
then by all means 'go for it'

IMHFO otherwise it's a parts car maybe (albeit hardly worth that)
& if it's cheap enough (otherwise Run Forest Run)

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back