• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 F5 Limelight?

Flint

Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
Is this a one year only color? Seems like it’s the only year I see it used and not to be confused with FJ5?

Actually I never thought of it as a bad color.... Just so many different Greens offered in that time frame..

Yea I think about four different greens. Planning on putting my 69RR back to F5.

F5_Green.jpg

I don't recall an A12 in that color. Must have been pretty rare.
In spring of '71 the local Dodge dealer had a sale of A12 cars, about two dozen. Mostly all dealer demo's. Low mileage 2500 or less. Most every color I knew of. All at $1,200. Even one or two Runners.
If I only had the cash & my parents could afford the insurance.

Isn’t that F8? Here’s my original F5 outer and F8 inner.
DB80B502-561A-41DD-900C-21EC55F995E5.jpeg

Pretty sure that A12 is not F5.
There is a video on you tube of all 23 colors (or was it 27) available on 69 roadrunners, ON 23 1969 roadrunner. I think there were four different greens available. Search "1969 roadrunner in every factory color".

24 colors. It’s a good video and I’ve watched it about 20 times.

Last edited:
colorchip-cuda-1588952586.jpg

I always thought this was neat. 1970 though.....

24 colors. It’s a good video and I’ve watched it about 20 times.
Me too. Mine is Bahama yellow (NOT the one in the video) 96-96. Three different codes for Bahama yellow, and rallye green. Depending on where assembled I guess.

Actually I never thought of it as a bad color.... Just so many different Greens offered in that time frame..
I used to joke with buddies back in the 80’s when you’d find these cars in the boneyard… Chrysler must have gotten a deal with government on surplus green paint from the Nam war, because it seemed like there was 9 green cars for every one that wasn’t. :D

F5 is the bestest colour for an A12 Dodge IMO. A12 RR seem to look good in anything.

Auto Transport Service
Back