• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX 8 track radio bezel creation

albert 5694

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
To no avail at finding an original 8 track radio bezel for my standard dash 1969 GTX wood grain and not being able to see if socal440gtx still has any i decided to try and make one myself so this is what i came up with before anybody criticizes it i remind you that finding the correct one is near impossible as we all know and nobody makes a reproduction one for the standard dash so this is my first attempt at making something that i can live with and still looks close to original as i can make so far, please let me know your opinions and if you have any realistic suggestions i am more than willing to accept any help to improve on it. With what i came up with will at least work for now and it will look good in the car and can improve on it as i go.

20210521_122538.jpg 20210521_122558.jpg

To no avail at finding an original 8 track radio bezel for my standard dash 1969 GTX wood grain and not being able to see if socal440gtx still has any i decided to try and make one myself so this is what i came up with before anybody criticizes it i remind you that finding the correct one is near impossible as we all know and nobody makes a reproduction one for the standard dash so this is my first attempt at making something that i can live with and still looks close to original as i can make so far, please let me know your opinions and if you have any realistic suggestions i am more than willing to accept any help to improve on it. With what i came up with will at least work for now and it will look good in the car and can improve on it as i go.

View attachment 1113955 View attachment 1113956
Looks fine by me!

Auto Transport Service
Back