• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX....The T stands for tetanus

IMG952017012895161352021.jpg

Have you had time to drive it to see if there's a reduction in noise? I put sound deadener everywhere but under the rear seat. Wondering if it needs it?
To the store and back and it did make a difference. But I can still hear the pump whine but not as bad. I'll be taking it on the highway today so I should get a better idea. I only did the area between the frame rails as shown in the pic. They were "tinny sounding" when tapped and the mufflers are under it.

I tried to over kill mine I used lizard skin inside and out, then Dynamat then rubber
IMG_20170225_140036356.jpg
IMG_20170225_115746244.jpg
I may get some more for under rear seat.

Probably why my project is taking so long, I over do everything. I don't want to have to go back and redo something. I want the cabin to be quite & cool! Those TTIs & 3" exhaust could be noisy! Although I'm having thoughts of narrowing the Dana to take full advantage of the minitubs. But I told myself that can wait till it's on the road for a year to see how quick it is.

Probably why my project is taking so long, I over do everything. I don't want to have to go back and redo something. I want the cabin to be quite & cool! Those TTIs & 3" exhaust could be noisy! Although I'm having thoughts of narrowing the Dana to take full advantage of the minitubs. But I told myself that can wait till it's on the road for a year to see how quick it is.

Yep, good course of action. I still have stuff I want to do...later. I think most of my issues are resolved. I do have a new rear bumper which is expected here tomorrow. Then the front, then a 6 Pack hood, then redo seats, door panels, carpet in red. That should be it for a while. Lol

I just unwrapped my AMD bumper and I am quite happy with it. Chrome is like a mirror and sub surface is perfect. I'll weigh it against the original to see what difference it is. Next month I'll order the front.
20171117_120028.jpg
20171117_120038.jpg
20171117_120058.jpg
20171117_120229.jpg
20171117_120255.jpg

I got the bumper installed, no issues with fit. I weighed them both with a fish de-liar and the original is about 22 lbs and the AMD about 21.5 lbs. Decent chrome on the back, the corners are welded so probably not a good resto piece but they are still very nice.

I am hoping to find a front bumper this week with a decent black friday discount. I was really close to getting a repro tail panel for $210 off but I am not convinced $610 is worth it.
20171119_104646.jpg
20171119_104653.jpg

year one has 30% off today till midnight I think. Code DINNER. Tail panel for 610 is cheap! If it fits.

year one has 30% off today till midnight I think. Code DINNER. Tail panel for 610 is cheap! If it fits.

Thanks, but of course the bumpers are exempt from any discounts from them. I have had a rear panel emblem on order from them for 3 weeks...never like ordering from them.

Yeah I got a post card on clips I've had ordered for months, ready to cancel. Do you have the emblem you ordered or just want a nicer one?

Yeah I got a post card on clips I've had ordered for months, ready to cancel. Do you have the emblem you ordered or just want a nicer one?
I have no emblem. Do you have a driver grade rear GTX emblem that you would be willing to part with? I would love to call and cancel my order with year one and part ways for good lol.

I'll pm you. I think I do.

Last edited:
Thanks, but of course the bumpers are exempt from any discounts from them. I have had a rear panel emblem on order from them for 3 weeks...never like ordering from them.

Not a fan either. Ordered a tach that was supposed to 6 weeks but took over 3 months and came broken. They were good about it and replaced it free but took another few months. Had to chase them for updates.

Happy Thanksgiving! !

I had my thanksgiving dinner a couple days ago because I work today. But I did have time to install my AMD front bumper. Looks great, and made my old one look even cruddier in comparison. I had to tweak a couple brackets but it fits perfect.
20171123_101230.jpg
20171123_101242.jpg
20171123_101253.jpg

I ordered an AEM wideband O2 sensor for the car to better tune the carb. Got it for $156 + $10 priority shipping through a black friday sale.
avm-30-4110_sn_xl.jpg

And I didn't get a picture but I had 5 chickens hanging out on the X at the farm my horse is stabled. I got a chuckle out of it, Jim probably would have fainted were it his car.

A couple more pieces to the puzzle. Got a rear emblem, thanks Tim! and I found a lower dash trim piece. I was missing mine and this piece was $12 shipped so it will do for now until a nicer one turns up. Cleaned, glued the crack, painted the chrome strip and installed.
20171127_170105.jpg
20171127_170020.jpg

What does that screw on the face of the lower dash side trim plate go into? Mine was missing some stuff. I see where the bottom screw goes but there's nothing behind the top one/s. I broke down and bought a new set off ebay the other day.

20171127_180808.jpg

What does that screw on the face of the lower dash side trim plate go into? Mine was missing some stuff. I see where the bottom screw goes but there's nothing behind the top one/s. I broke down and bought a new set off ebay the other day.

View attachment 544276
It goes right into the metal dash. If your hole is wallered out you can use a sheetmetal nut on the back.

As you can see in my pic there is no hole because there is no metal. In the pic I'm holding the passenger side trim plate to the right 1" from where it goes. My car had a/c vents there before so I'm assuming something is missing for these to screw to. There may also be a difference since mine is a charger rallye dash and frame.

Auto Transport Service
Back