• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 H code air cleaner

challenger6pak

Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
I'm beginning to collect parts for the car in my avatar. It is a 330 horse H code 383. The car is a 69 Sport Satellite. I don't know which air cleaner is correct for it. Thanks for any help.

Thanks. The car seems to have a 68 air cleaner. It also has a 68 Radiator. It has 56,000 original miles on it and is an early build date car. I guess it is possible that 68 parts were being finished off.

Thanks. The car seems to have a 68 air cleaner. It also has a 68 Radiator. It has 56,000 original miles on it and is an early build date car. I guess it is possible that 68 parts were being finished off.

That's a myth that the factory "used up" model year end parts. Where do you think NOS came from? Most model year end parts ended up on dealer shelves.

Your previous owner installed those parts.

That's a myth that the factory "used up" model year end parts.

Maybe....numerous examples of prior year parts showing up on early cars exist.
It's difficult to make sweeping statements about all years, all plants, all parts, all inventories, all manager's discretion, and all applications.

Maybe....numerous examples of prior year parts showing up on early cars exist.
It's difficult to make sweeping statements about all years, all plants, all parts, all inventories, all manager's discretion, and all applications.

Carry over parts, sure. Different model year, not likely. Factory assembly lines are shut down for months for retooling gearing up for the next year's production. Parts don't suddenly appear on the line.

I don't know about the B bodies. I do know that many Ebody stuff was changed sometimes after the model year. Old parts were used up. For example, many 1974 Ebodies had the left over 1970 slap stick shifters in them.

Auto Transport Service
Back