• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix factory 3 speed hurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdh157

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale: 1969 Grand Prix with the following equipment: numbers matching 400-4, factory 3 spd M13 Dearborn with Hurst shifter, rear wind defroster, AM/FM radio, PS, PB, PW, Rally II wheels and AC. Car was special ordered with Castillion Bronze paint, no vinyl top, gold vinyl interior. Car is PHS doc'd to confirm the above.

Currently registered and insured, clean title in my name, runs and drives well, I drove it earlier today. Needs restored, IMO should have new lwr qtrs. and the pass frt floor pan patched/replaced. The rest of the floors are good, trunk floor looks good as well.

Serious inquiries only please. Price is $7500. I can take pics of specific areas, just let me know what you'd like to see. Car is located near Carlisle.

DSCN2430.jpg

Price reduced to $6000 firm

That is a neat car. I have heard of the straight shift GP's but never seen one in person.

Nice car....

A little known fact or two....

In 1965, the Catalina/Grand Prix with the 421 HO was faster in the 1/4 mile than the GTO

In 1969 the Grand Prix with the 428 HO HUMBLED many a musclecar owner.....

My brother had a 428 in a 64 GTO with an 18 spline A833. Oh my that thing was bad!

man...if I was to have me a non MoPar in the stable, mosts Pontiacs would qualify. And this one is a peach!

GLWS :headbang:

came close to getting Pontiac Grand Prix SJ once [video=youtube_share;za9seqEblyU]http://youtu.be/za9seqEblyU[/video]

I always thought the SJ was derived from the Dusenberg's model..
Model J
Model SJ

While stationed at Wright-Patt, Dayton Ohio, I was fortunate enough to meet Bob Morris
Noted Pontiac restorer and Grand Prix Guru.
He owned a fabulous 1969 Grand Prix SJ (428-4speed)
Probably one of the best in the country...
It was brown.

This should shake things up.... The outside of the frame rails on the GP is the same dimensions as the inside of the rocker panels on a 69 RR. the pontiac wheel base is 1" longer than the mopar but when you sit the body down over the frame (after first cutting out the floor all around the outer edges. Than across in three 4 foot pieces to remove). The 1/2 inch difference on each front/rear wheel isn't noticeable. you now have a wide track boxed frame GM suspension under the mopar.The body channels over the frame and the ground clearance is stock pontiac. I had to reverse the oil pan and pick up like nows available in trucks. The windshield wiper motor had to go to make room for the carb. and the firewall was moved back 11". The thing goes around a track like a slot car.I did my 69 RR like this in 1978. 4 speed and all. I could walk around camaros on the outside of a 1/2 mile high bank asphalt track running a 440/4 speed on a 308 rear. Second gear was nuts at 6500 diving into the turns.
Sorry didn't mean to rattle on it just brought back good memories. BTW the RR is still in my garage.

This should shake things up.... The outside of the frame rails on the GP is the same dimensions as the inside of the rocker panels on a 69 RR. the pontiac wheel base is 1" longer than the mopar but when you sit the body down over the frame (after first cutting out the floor all around the outer edges. Than across in three 4 foot pieces to remove). The 1/2 inch difference on each front/rear wheel isn't noticeable. you now have a wide track boxed frame GM suspension under the mopar.The body channels over the frame and the ground clearance is stock pontiac. I had to reverse the oil pan and pick up like nows available in trucks. The windshield wiper motor had to go to make room for the carb. and the firewall was moved back 11". The thing goes around a track like a slot car.I did my 69 RR like this in 1978. 4 speed and all. I could walk around camaros on the outside of a 1/2 mile high bank asphalt track running a 440/4 speed on a 308 rear. Second gear was nuts at 6500 diving into the turns.
Sorry didn't mean to rattle on it just brought back good memories. BTW the RR is still in my garage.

Only a Genius/Savant would know this INFO Moperformance...!
Good Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back