• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1969 Road Runner 440/4spd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Ward

Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1969 Plymouth Road Runner 2DR coupe.

Originally a 383/4-speed car, this Road Runner has received a 440 transplant. Car is still equipped with the A-833 4-speed.

I found this car in a barn and dragged this car home on Mother's Day of 1986 (yes, nearly 30 years ago) and have had it ever since. It started life with a 383 under the hood, but that engine gave up the ghost long before I bought the car. It now has a very stout 440 along with the 4-speed transmission and bench seat. True musclecar goodness. . .

If you're looking for a survivor, this one is far from it. The engine and transmission are no longer original to the car, but they are solid. The 440 has been bored .060" over and is equipped with Speed Pro pistons for 9.5:1 compression. The 906 heads have been updated with hardened exhaust seats and new valve guides. Crankshaft is forged steel and has been turned 0.010" undersize. Camshaft is an old Direct Connection .484/284 purple shaft. Intake is a Weiand Xcelerator with a Holley 3310 carburetor (drop leg boosters, 780 CFM). Hooker Competition headers dump the exhaust through 3" tubes and a crossover pipe. Mufflers are stainless Ultra Flo from Dynomax and sound KILLER!

The clutch was purchased from City Clutch & Brake in Des Moines, IA and is a custom unit with roller assist. Flywheel is stock, but the original cast bellhousing has been replaced with a Lakewood steel unit and block plate for safety. Shifting chores are via a Hurst Competition Plus with an aluminum Hurst T-handle.

The 8-3/4" rear end houses a 3.91 equipped Sure-Grip unit and works great. This thing hauls *** from a stop light.

Wheels are Weld Rod Lites with 15 x 6 up front and 15 x 8 in the rear. Tires are Goodyear. They have good tread, but are fairly old.

She ain't pretty. . . not by a long sight. . . but she runs great, stops great and is a ton of fun. The interior needs completely redone and the car is rusty. . .. Really, really rusty. . .. Did I mention a new set of quarter panels come with it? Yes. . . it's rusty. You can drive it as it is and enjoy the "Ratty Muscle Car" movement, or you can break out the welder and call AMD for some replacement parts. . ...

Price is $7500 firm.

This car has been a LOT of fun for me, but I am looking to go in a new direction with my life. I hope the buyer enjoys it as much as I have. You can reach me via private message here on FBBO. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• rr9.jpg
    rr9.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,082
  • rr7.jpg
    rr7.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,106
  • rr6.jpg
    rr6.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,069
  • rr5.jpg
    rr5.jpg