• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner Door Won't Close Tight

Well I lubed the rubber, vaseline,adjusted the Stryker outward,,,, same thing,no close,,so I will wait for tomorrow ,,to try with Vaseline curing,,,thanks guys.

Try bringing it out a little more , keep trying till you run out of travel , if it wont catch the second latch its probably the latch

Did you try spraying some white lube underneath the plastic slider on the top underside of the latch?

Get all the four door latches you can find. They should be interchangeable.
My 55 Dodge 2 door was doing the same thing. Rusty four doors give up good parts prior to crushing.

Last edited:
Hi guyssame story,,nothing ,,,the top part is not catching everything else is good alignment ,, gear wheel,,any suggestions,,,,the top part is not catching.

Nothing still guys,,alignment good ,,star wheel catching,,its the top part thats not catching..in the first pic,,69 salty,bye the way

IMG_7991.jpg IMG_7990.jpg IMG_7989.jpg IMG_7988.jpg IMG_7987.jpg

A good place to start is to clean out all of the built up paint & crud off of everything. Whoever painted the car is a 100% hack.

Let’s try just checking the latch itself
With the door open turn the star wheel of the latch, it should click twice and not let you spin it back until you release the handle , it could be on the first catch and not letting it close all the way
Try releasing and latching a few times by hand making sure it’s released all the way
I don’t know if you already tried this or not

Let’s try just checking the latch itself
With the door open turn the star wheel of the latch, it should click twice and not let you spin it back until you release the handle , it could be on the first catch and not letting it close all the way
Try releasing and latching a few times by hand making sure it’s released all the way
I don’t know if you already tried this or not
That was it,,,,fixed cleaned the star ,,took door panel off,,checked everything also,,,,thanks so much,,have a wonderful day ,weekend .

Auto Transport Service
Back