• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner hood inserts..How are they held on??

Propwash

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
Being my current 69' RR Project didn't have a useable hood when I got it, I went and purchased a new AMD hood and inserts..

I see there is blank studs coming down off the inserts and imagine that is part of securing it to the hood, but what fasteners do I use? Any idea where to get them?

Thanks fella's..

3/16 cutting nuts. PM me your addy and how many you need.

Those damn hoods have a lot too them, especially if you have all the air grabber junk.

I'll need a handfull of those same 3/16 cutting nuts as well as a set of correct style rivets to put all this stuff back together after the hood is stripped and repainted.

102_6023.jpg

I could use a new boot to seal to the air cleaner too.

Try fastenall they have them in a book you can order from and Im very surprised how cheap they are for a box. You can buy a whole box for the price of 10 on ebay.

Yep, that's it, and there is also a plastic gasket that goes between the insert and the hood.

I more question for you guys......I don't have an Air Grabber or the screens. I have the metal inserts in place of the screens. I take it those were originally painted body color?

I'm interested in this as well, I do have the screens and I need to know if they are supposed to be orange like I have seen on so many cars? if so what is the orange exactly?

Check out Au-ve-co Products. I have bought a box of 100 specialty fasteners for pennies compared to some on-line suppliers. Most industrial suppliers have a listing of their products or go on line http://www.auveco.com/

Check out Au-ve-co Products. I have bought a box of 100 specialty fasteners for pennies compared to some on-line suppliers. Most industrial suppliers have a listing of their products or go on line http://www.auveco.com/

Holy smokes! A guy could spend hours looking at all the stuff they have. Great resource! Thanks for posting.

Anybody got anything more specific as to the red for the screens?

Being my current 69' RR Project didn't have a useable hood when I got it, I went and purchased a new AMD hood and inserts..

I see there is blank studs coming down off the inserts and imagine that is part of securing it to the hood, but what fasteners do I use? Any idea where to get them?

Thanks fella's..

AMD has the correct Nuts for your application.

I more question for you guys......I don't have an Air Grabber or the screens. I have the metal inserts in place of the screens. I take it those were originally painted body color?

My knee jerk reaction says no. I have a couple of sets of those (in not really good condition) and I believe they were the textured finish like the grille.

Auto Transport Service
Back