• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner Quarter window to door window

69ProTouring

Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been working on this off and on for about a month. Took every part out of the doors, regreased everything, and bought all new seals. This is honestly the best I’ve had it since starting the project. But I still don’t think it’s right. Curious what the quarter to door window seal is supposed to look like, especially where it meets the roof rail seal. Seems like it just smashes the roof seal and then there’s a gap on top because of it. Not sure if hat to adjust next. Thanks for the advice ahead of time.

IMG_3212.jpeg

IMG_3213.jpeg

Last edited:
i've also read threads where the quarter window glass curve isn't correct. Dont' think that's my problem but something i'm considering looking into.

This is what my windows look like on my 69 roadrunner. If that’s any help to you.

IMG_1779.jpeg

This is a 69 GTX that sold at Barrett-Jackson a few years back.IMG_1363.jpeg

Thank you that's helpful to know that i'm not alone.

My gap was quite a bit larger when i started. i've gone over every single bolt and every adjustment i can find, have watched countless videos and scoured these forums for the build posts and pictures.

It's still not quite right though. I'd love to be able to look over an untouched one from the factory and see how it all fits together.

And i'd really like to get to the bottom of this rumour that some of the aftermarket glass doesn't have the right curve. Mine has the chrysler logo (but it is still afternmarket), so i'm not hopeful that is a solution.

Last edited:
I’ve been working on this off and on for about a month. Took every part out of the doors, regreased everything, and bought all new seals. This is honestly the best I’ve had it since starting the project. But I still don’t think it’s right. Curious what the quarter to door window seal is supposed to look like, especially where it meets the roof rail seal. Seems like it just smashes the roof seal and then there’s a gap on top because of it. Not sure if hat to adjust next. Thanks for the advice ahead of time.

View attachment 1574155

View attachment 1574156
Something looks weird. Can you post a side view of your car.

Cat whiskers make a big difference on how the glass positions. Pictures make it hard to tell. It almost looks like your door glass is going to high.
Ok, i haven't installed the cat whiskers yet because i've been making so many adjustments.

Ok, i haven't installed the cat whiskers yet because i've been making so many adjustments.
Without them you are going no where. When I put one car back I started at the quarter glass and thought I was close. Then I put the whiskers in and it was start over.

Without them you are going no where. When I put one car back I started at the quarter glass and thought I was close. Then I put the whiskers in and it was start over.
I agree with pnora. It may not fix everything, but it changes every adjustment you make on the position on the glass. I’d loosen up the adjusting bolts/screws…. Install all whiskers/ gaskets and start over with adjusting. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I have my new whiskers and i'll install them. I'm kind of scared because if i have to take them out again, they're a bitch and a half to remove without damaging them. But i'll go ahead and give it a try.

Thanks for the advice. I have my new whiskers and i'll install them. I'm kind of scared because if i have to take them out again, they're a bitch and a half to remove without damaging them. But i'll go ahead and give it a try.
I just took out my new whiskers on one side. I had the glass removed but the vent window in place. I was able to use a flathead screwdriver in my hand inside the door and push up on the tab that hold the whiskers in the door frame. I worked on each one a little until the whole thing popped out. Got the new one out without twisting it or scratching the paint. Dadsbee has a good suggestion above also.

Auto Transport Service
Back