• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee grille and rear finish panel restore

moparmusclecars

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
I am wanting to restore my grille, headlight bezels, and rear finish panel on my 1969 Super Bee. What is the correct colors or paint codes for the black finish, and what color or finish should be on the rest of the grille, head light bezels, and rear finish panel? Were the headlight bezels actually painted or are they suppose to be chrome looking?

I am looking for same info.

Seen both polished and painted headlamp bezels....?

Mine came with paint and are original.....appears as Argent Silver but not sure.

Doing the "Dodge" on rear finish panel is gonna suck....any tips on that out there?

If they were taller some carb cleaner on a tightly fingered rag might work but as low as they are....might be tough.

Here is mine. We had a glass of wine, exacta knives and plane razor blades and I did the tail panel and my wife did the grill.
I'm not sure what page the grille is on. They turned out nice but you have to develop the patience and just relax doing it.
The headlights bezels should be argent. You may have to tape the tail panel more then one time to nail both colors donw, but let it cure a good few days after un-taping.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...-Superbee-Hemi-Orange-white-tail-stripe/page6

Rusty, how did you do the DODGE letters on the tail panel? Tape or did you wipe off the black after painting?

My wife just told me she painted inside the letters with a little tiny artist paint brush. The thing is, even is you get paint on the silver/aluminum part of the letters, it's easy to clean off.
The best time to play with it is while you're kicking back on the couch in the evening, relaxed, unpressured with no time limits.

Attachments

• Tail panel.jpg
    Tail panel.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 235
image.jpgimage.jpgAndy's 440 is a good website for reference shots. My grille is with 5.7 hemi member getting r&r'd with the correct argent for the headlight bezels.

Auto Transport Service
Back