• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee quarter patch panels

andrewwoz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make patch panels for 69 coronet quarters? The options I'm seeing are full AMD panels at $699 each, OER quater panel skins from classic industries for $214.99 or sherman quarter panels from summit for $242.99.

Anyone have experience with the OER panels? Pretty sure all I need is from the body line below the side marker down in the rear on both sides. I'm 1.5hrs from classic so I can pick up on save on freight charges. I know AMD seems to have the best rep but thats a lot of money to spend to only use a small portion.

AMD
Quarter Panels | AMD 700-2469-L

OER
MM1193A - 1969 Dodge Coronet, Super Bee; Quarter Panel Skin; LH Drivers Sode; EDP Coated

Summit
Sherman Parts SHE187-50AR Sherman Quarter Panels | Summit Racing

Last edited:
Buy the skins and cut off what you need. I hade to do the same thing. Bottom patch panel was discontinued

Last edited:
Classic2current fabrication had them for a '68. '69 is probably the same.

AMD makes their panels.
Sherman is a retailer. They do not make parts.
The "Sherman" panel and the OER panel are the same part, which is the generic quarter skins that have been around for 30 years. These panels are thin, floppy and oversized because they were designed to go over top of the original quarter. Their body lines are not very accurate, and the folds are rounded, not crisp. They have very wide flanges to keep them from bending in transit because they are so flimsy. They were all we had until AMD came along, and thousands of cars have them installed. They work, but they leave a lot to be desired. If you put them beside AMD panels, it is day and night.

The AMD quarters are heavy gauge, have all the little details like original, and are crisp, accurate stampings.

When you see quarter skins without the dogleg at the rocker, and very wide flanges at the wheel lip, that's a good indication you are looking at these older design generic repro quarter skins.

What direction did you end up going? I just realized the skins I bought a few years ago are the old ones described above, and they are not what I want, they might be good for patches, but definitely not a good fit.

What direction did you end up going? I just realized the skins I bought a few years ago are the old ones described above, and they are not what I want, they might be good for patches, but definitely not a good fit.

I ended up finding someone local selling 2 of the discontinued AMD 1/4 patches. I only have done the driver side so far, the pass was really not too bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back