• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee Question

jhutch33

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
The 69 Super Bee has always been one of my favorite cars and has been a bucket list car of mine. I'm finally to the point financially where I can start to look for one, but I have a few questions. What is a fair price for a 69 Super Bee that is already done (not a project), without a numbers matching motor/tranny, etc. I'm not talking about a pristine trailer queen type of car, but a driver that I can enjoy and take to weekend car shows with my dad. My second question is what are some of the most important things to look for on a 69 Super Bee? I know there are Mopar fanatics out there that are very picky. I don't need a perfect car, but I also don't want one that will be picked apart by the local Mopar crowd. I would really appreciate any insight any of you could provide.

You'll want to check the VIN , fender tag, radiator support # and trunk lip #. There's quite a few Coronets that have been cloned into Super Bee's.

Thanks for the tip! If all the numbers check out, what's a fair price for a nice car with a non-numbers matching 440 with good paint and interior......basically a turn-key non-numbers matching car ready to drive? Is it a huge problem if it isn't numbers matching on a mopar?

Thanks for the tip! If all the numbers check out, what's a fair price for a nice car with a non-numbers matching 440 with good paint and interior......basically a turn-key non-numbers matching car ready to drive? Is it a huge problem if it isn't numbers matching on a mopar?
My GTX is very close to your question. I paid $21k a little over 4 years ago. Prices have gone up sense. I would think a Superbee would be similar assuming not A12 version. That would obviously be more. My car today? Probably in the low $30k range.

As you can see from the walk around vid. A knowledgeable Mopar guy can see plenty of non matching errors with the car. In fact, as far as I can tell. This car was from 2 '69 GTX and some '69 Sport Satellite components. Including fenders. Period correct 440. And A833 trans not close to matching any numbers associated with VIN and fender tag.

But car is a fun and very nice driver quality car. I would say about a 3+ on condition. (1 being concourse level show condition, and 5 being donar car level condition with missing major components.)

Hope it helps.

Most of the Super Bees I'm seeing are between $45-85k. I'm not necessarily looking for a "steal" of a deal, but I just want to get a nice car at a fair price.

Most of the Super Bees I'm seeing are between $45-85k. I'm not necessarily looking for a "steal" of a deal, but I just want to get a nice car at a fair price.
I might still be a couple years off in prices today. But I would think $45k+ would be numbers matching. With options then condition would then add. As you can see. I targeted a car that wasn't numbers matching. Did not to have to pay premium price. Also, don't be scared of the "Clone" word. Especially if it's advertised as such. A 440 Coronet has value of its own.

It took me 2+ years of patience to find my target. It is a replacement of a GTX I had to sell in 1990 for a mini van when 4th child in 5 years was born. I did what I had to do then. But it obviously haunted me.

Same color. Same performance 440 4-speed package. Same Dana 3.54:1 rear. But this with completely different interior. And not number matching as my first.

And different performance personality. This car not quite as quick thru the gears with taller rear tire on 15" rim. But certainly more of a highway Commando. This guy is scary smooth at 140+ MPH. My first was done with noticeable vibration at 135.

Getting to know your new family member is half the fun. Good luck. And let us know what you find?

He might be, but he's not going to get one ready to go to a car show for that.
Show? That is a different story. My GTX does ok at a small local show. But not anything that is handing out trophies.

That is a whole other animal.

My dream car is a 1969 Super Bee.

To answer your question I use this rule of thumb:

Any B Body Mopar under 50 grand is far from perfect.

Good luck to you.

Can't help on the value, but I really like that car. It has some nice options for a Bee.

Nice car. That burnt orange really works for a Superbee. Not many cars can say that. Because of the restoration in '04 I would rate it a step up in condition than my GTX. (The engine well difference tells no lie. Lol.)

If I was buying? I wouldn't be scared of a $45k+ Selling? Probably $55k.

My engine compartment.jpg

Discount $10 for the rear marker bezels being the wrong colour and looks like an incorrect phoenix Bee decal, but other than that looks like a solid car. Any underside and suspension shots?

The Super Bee pictured is not a factory A/C car. The factory A/C cars had a different firewall to accommodate the freon lines and heater hoses. Superbees with A/C never got the RamAir package, because the compressor would not clear the required large oval air cleaner. Power brake booster and master cylinder are aftermarket. Cars with RamAir had the engine callout on the hood scoops, never on the front fender. Unbelievably, I have seen cars with the callout on both the scoop and front fender at the same time.

Unbelievably, I have seen cars with the callout on both the scoop and front fender at the same time.
We have a member here with that and he bought it new that way. Mine has no call outs on either fender or scoop. It never had them on the fenders from new and I "borrowed" the ramchager hood from my buddies Bee in 1977 and the scoops have never had holes in them for emblems.

Auto Transport Service
Back