• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 superbee

1969superbee

Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
Getting closer every day. photo 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 1.JPG101_0307.jpg101_0269.jpg101_0268.jpg101_0437.jpg101_0435.jpg

photo 4.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG 101_0307.jpg 101_0269.jpg 101_0268.jpg 101_0437.jpg 101_0435.jpg 101_0278.jpg 101_0277.jpg

Motor, interior, and glass.

QUOTE=Coledavis01;910072085]Looks great! What all is left to do on it?[/QUOTE]

In the past I said that I would never paint a Mopar orange(because of Duke Boy reference). But you car may be changing my mind. Love it.

Thanks. This car is a true superbee post car. It was a factory hemi orange car with a black stripe and black vinyl top. Of course it had the 383 with a four speed and ramcharger hood. The engine and hood were long gone when i got it so i decided to make it a A12 clone. I have the 440 six pack as well as the 18 spline four speed to go in it and already has a Dana 60 under it. I started this project seven years ago and after three different body shops and a lot of my time, sweat, blood, and a very understanding wife here it is.

I would like to add for anyone who is or is about to restore a car. Do as much of the work as you can yourself. You will be on your own schedule and won't have to be at some other persons mercy. Be very careful with body shops. They can be a nightmare. It took me three shops and though I am very satisfied with the paint job the missed deadline after missed deadline is a pain in the butt.

I can relate, i have a 69 Bee post, four speed, hemi orange, black vinyl top, hemi four speed and dana A12 clone myself. I'm doing all the work myself. Yours is sweet!

Car looks great, and yes everything boils down to having a lovely understanding and sometimes a little bitchy wife. Always remember boys "A happy wife means a happy life"

Amazing car, that color is right on with the black stripe and hood... bad to the bone. :headbang:

Sweet!!!!!!! Love the color and your not kidding about doing it yourself, there's no way I could have afforded it otherwise. Great job

Auto Transport Service
Back